The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2016, 03:52 PM   #13
dubds10
Stalker Nate

Re: Ebay 72 K20 - looks like survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
I bought a '67 three owner-one owner truck a few years ago. The title was signed by the original owner with no date of sale on it. The two guys that owned it after that never registered it in their name. When I bought it I just took the original title to the courthouse and registered it in my name. According to a copy of the original title and the new title I am the second owner of the truck... So it does happen. Some states have a time limit for title transfer but Iowa doesn't any more. In fact, if plates haven't been purchased for it for three years or more you don't even have to pay any back fees or penalty....

LockDoc
Oh yeah I know how it works, but in reality it's been passed through multiple hands. I've had ones that were single or two owner vehicles but the same thing happened. But I never say it's a one or two owner vehicle I always explain to a buyer how I got it and it's history etc. Most people aren't neive enough to believe a one owner story unless actually buying it off the 80 year old guy who is the original owner lol

Instagram - TheDonutDiner
FaceBook - @UscreamIscream
dubds10 is offline   Reply With Quote