The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1960-1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-27-2021, 08:23 PM   #276
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Hydroboost Mounting Plates

Due to an increase in the cost of having my parts laser cut, I have been forced to raise my prices. I'm not making any more money, just trying to stay in business with these increases in my costs. Thanks for understanding.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 02:58 PM   #277
Chevylife

Captain, I am thinking your booster plate added to the needed firewall bracket would make the install rock solid. I would like to purchase both in bare steel, plus a socket for install. I sure enjoy your perspective expressed in your posts. You add to a great forum. Thanks
Chevylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 10:01 PM   #278
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

I sent you a PM with ordering and payment info.
Old 06-29-2021, 05:33 AM   #279
Chevylife

PM replied to. Payment sent via PayPal. Thank you Captain
Chevylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 05:46 AM   #280
mcmlxix
Collector of Projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmlxix View Post
Just sent you an email .... I bought the booster bracket from you back in 2011 and was using the OEM plate from the donor truck.... Well the other day I ruined the little anti-rotation tab during disassembly.... so I need a replacement plate...
Here is the #captainfab HB plate and firewall mount with my 2005 HB and MC. I added a bracket for the Wilwood proportioning valve to the side of the firewall mount... Just need to sort out the lines..

Can someone confirm the Hydro-Boost Lines:
HI input - FROM Power Steering Pump
HI Output - TO Power Steering Box
LO Output - RETURN to reservoir
Attached Images

D60 BIG BRAKE UPGRADE Click HERE
mcmlxix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 08:39 PM   #281
MeanGreen72C10

I would like to purchase the hydroboost plate and the booster bracket
Thank you
Posted via Mobile Device
MeanGreen72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 10:40 PM   #282
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

PM sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanGreen72C10 View Post
I would like to purchase the hydroboost plate and the booster bracket
Thank you
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-02-2021, 10:16 PM   #283
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

I have these hydroboost mounting plates back in stock again.
Old 11-11-2021, 10:23 AM   #284
rpajr52

I would like to get a mounting plate and hydroboost bracket. Please send info for ordering and payment. Thanks.
Richard
rpajr52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 10:35 PM   #285
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

PM sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpajr52 View Post
I would like to get a mounting plate and hydroboost bracket. Please send info for ordering and payment. Thanks.
Richard
Old 12-12-2021, 02:30 PM   #286
jimbosprint

Captainfab, I sent you a PM.

I just picked up this Astrovan hydroboost for $50, and I'm looking for the parts to install it into my '72 K10. Thanks!

jimbosprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 09:46 PM   #287
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

I replied to your PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbosprint View Post
Captainfab, I sent you a PM.

I just picked up this Astrovan hydroboost for $50, and I'm looking for the parts to install it into my '72 K10. Thanks!

Old 12-20-2021, 04:22 AM   #288
mcmlxix
Collector of Projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
I have these hydroboost mounting plates back in stock again.
Hey Captain!

Is there an easier way to send you people I find on Facebook asking about Hydro-boost ?? A website ? Are you on FB?

D60 BIG BRAKE UPGRADE Click HERE
mcmlxix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 10:50 AM   #289
The Rocknrod

Quote:
Hey Captain!

Is there an easier way to send you people I find on Facebook asking about Hydro-boost ?? A website ? Are you on FB?
I always just post a link to this thread. or captainfab454@hotmail.com

Last edited by The Rocknrod; 12-20-2021 at 11:05 AM.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 09:44 PM   #290
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Yes I am on facebook. The problems with facebook is that there are about 50 different pages that have to do with the '60-'66 trucks in some way or the other. It is impossible to be on all of them and still work and make a living. Secondly I never hear back from 90% of the people on facebook that I do make contact with. The best way to contact me is via email to captainfab454@hotmail.com I always answer all emails multiple times a day. But I have found that many people do not do email any more.

I still do not have a website. There is no time to learn how to build a website with having to work 80hjrs/7 days a week every week every month.

Thank you and Rocknrod both for your efforts to send customers my way.

Quote:
Hey Captain!

Old 01-29-2022, 08:02 PM   #291
AngryPirate

I got this mounting plate and I am currently in the process of installing it.

Let me first say, holy smokes the build quality of this kit is fantastic.

Now, I have 1998 Chevy Astro van hydroboost and my questions are:

1. what are people using for a 'boot' where the hydroboost goes into the firewall to create a seal from water, exhaust, etc.?

2. Am I correct in assuming the pushrod (pedal to hydroboost) that comes with the hydroboost is too short and some customization is required?

3. My remanufactured hydroboost from RockAuto did not include a pushrod (hydroboost to master cylinder), retainer and spring set. I believe that since it's assumed that this is for replacement for an existing Astro van hydroboost, the existing pushrod, retainer, sprint is meant to be reused. Does anyone have a source for these missing pieces?

Thanks for any help folks.
AngryPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 09:05 AM   #292
racecougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryPirate View Post
3. My remanufactured hydroboost from RockAuto did not include a pushrod (hydroboost to master cylinder), retainer and spring set. I believe that since it's assumed that this is for replacement for an existing Astro van hydroboost, the existing pushrod, retainer, sprint is meant to be reused. Does anyone have a source for these missing pieces?
Yep, that's an issue with reman hydroboost units. The source that many of us turned to was the junkyard.
Old 01-31-2022, 11:00 AM   #293
AngryPirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by racecougar View Post
Yep, that's an issue with reman hydroboost units. The source that many of us turned to was the junkyard.
Thanks for the response. I ended up heading to the local pick-a-part and got a unit that I could get the retainer star, pushrod and spring. So now I'll send back the junkyard booster and get the core charge back, which is basically what I paid for it at the yard.

I'd be interested to know what people did for sealing the ring gap around the booster and firewall hole.
Old 01-31-2022, 06:47 PM   #294
AngryPirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryPirate View Post

I'd be interested to know what people did for sealing the ring gap around the booster and firewall hole.
Answered my own question.

https://www.performanceonline.com/po...-pushrod-boot/
Old 03-17-2022, 07:14 PM   #295
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Here is a link to my new website and online store where you can see and purchase all of the products that I fabricate for the '60-'72 GM trucks.

https://customfab-cda.com
Old 10-29-2023, 07:55 PM   #296
65Custom

Do you really need to booster adapter? What is the best way to install the hydraboost? flat to the firewall or with using the booster adapter?

Torn about what looks best and what is the best way to install it also flat to the firewall does bring it closer to the firewall by the depth of the booster adapter

what is the consensus?

My Build Thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=366677

I must be
65Custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 09:04 PM   #297
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Using one of my booster bracket is the correct way to install a hydroboost. This is because all of my booster brackets utilize all the factory bolt holes to bolt directly to the pedal bracket on the inside. This is an important safety feature ignored by many people. Then there is the fact that with the booster bracket being at a slight angle, that keeps the hydroboost pushrod in a more straight line when moving the attachment hole in the brake pedal down 1". If you were to bolt the hydroboost mounting plate directly to the firewall, you will have to drill 4 new bolt holes in the firewall and who knows where those will end up on the inside. And then you will have to hog out the center hole in your firewall to accommodate the large nut that secures the hydroboost unit to the mounting plate. Then the hydroboost pushrod will be at a slight angle when moving the attachment point on the brake pedal down 1". This creates a side loading effect and can cause premature wear on the hydroboost unit. So you see there are good reasons for how I design my products, not just to try and sell more products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65Custom View Post
Do you really need to booster adapter? What is the best way to install the hydraboost? flat to the firewall or with using the booster adapter?

Torn about what looks best and what is the best way to install it also flat to the firewall does bring it closer to the firewall by the depth of the booster adapter

what is the consensus?
Old 10-29-2023, 09:41 PM   #298
65Custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
Using one of my booster bracket is the correct way to install a hydroboost. This is because all of my booster brackets utilize all the factory bolt holes to bolt directly to the pedal bracket on the inside. This is an important safety feature ignored by many people. Then there is the fact that with the booster bracket being at a slight angle, that keeps the hydroboost pushrod in a more straight line when moving the attachment hole in the brake pedal down 1". If you were to bolt the hydroboost mounting plate directly to the firewall, you will have to drill 4 new bolt holes in the firewall and who knows where those will end up on the inside. And then you will have to hog out the center hole in your firewall to accommodate the large nut that secures the hydroboost unit to the mounting plate. Then the hydroboost pushrod will be at a slight angle when moving the attachment point on the brake pedal down 1". This creates a side loading effect and can cause premature wear on the hydroboost unit. So you see there are good reasons for how I design my products, not just to try and sell more products.
Thanks for the explanation of why is it best to use the booster bracket.

It all makes sense when you see the details, plus the less work I need to do the better to make it work.

My Build Thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=366677

I must be
65Custom is offline   Reply With Quote