The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-12-2013, 01:03 PM   #1
70blackfish

inline 6 power steering brkts.

I bought these off another member for 60.00. and never used them.

they will work with older 6 cylinders with out intergraded Head, but you will need a 3rd pulley.

say 50.00 shipped... in the usa
Attached Images

Old 02-12-2013, 01:32 PM   #2
sfcharr

Re: inline 6 power steering brkts.

I will take them. PM sent
sfcharr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #3
70blackfish

SOLD...pending payment...
Old 02-12-2013, 01:54 PM   #4
ChevyCruizer
17's too small

Hate to add to a for sale thread but...I have the same brackets (not for sale) and have the same need for a 3rd pulley. Does anyone know of an application where I can get this extra pulley? I have been looking at pick a parts and searching the threads here for some time and the above picture is the best that I have seen that shows what I am talking about.

Thanks, John
68 C10 SWB SS 5 lug power disc brake conversion 2.5 inch drop spindles van tilt column Air Ride Technologies Cool Ride air bag kits Performance Online tubular upper control arms and shock relocator kits ECE super track panhard bar 1 piece side windows
ChevyCruizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:56 PM   #5
NGN

What year set up would that be . Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
NGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:59 PM   #6
70blackfish

pretty sure you can buy it new, for like 35.00 not sure where i saw it though...

try classicparts. com
Old 02-12-2013, 02:26 PM   #7
PICKMUP
"Trucks with Class"

3rd pulley? Which one? crank, WP, alt or pump? single or double?
Old 02-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #8
ChevyCruizer
17's too small

I dont know for sure. I must have looked at 1000 posts and a coupel hundred photos while searching for 250+power+steering. Some of the pictures show 3 groove pulleys on crank and water pump, then 2 on the alternator, and 1 on the steering. Most of these had two belts going around the crank, water pump, and alternator with a longer singular belt going up to the steering. Then some guys have the power steering just running on a belt that goes to the water pump (like not even going around the crank).

As mine sits right now I have two groove pulleys on the crank, water pump and alternator. The power steering stuff I have has came from multiple guys here on the forum and then several other trip to the local pick a part. The alignment looks just like the second picture posted above.

Just this weekend I took some pictures and measurements at the junk yards. There is basically no space between my two grooves on the pulleys and I found some newer I6 pulleys (from like a late 70s early 80s van) that are also 2 groove but have a space between the grooves that is about the same width as the belt. I was going to see I these are enough space to align the power steering pump.

My advice to anyone looking to add power steering it to try and purchase the most complete set up you can find from one person/place. I was trying to save a dime and I ended up spending way more in the long run...

Thanks, John

Quote:
Originally Posted by PICKMUP View Post
3rd pulley? Which one? crank, WP, alt or pump? single or double?
68 C10 SWB SS 5 lug power disc brake conversion 2.5 inch drop spindles van tilt column Air Ride Technologies Cool Ride air bag kits Performance Online tubular upper control arms and shock relocator kits ECE super track panhard bar 1 piece side windows
Old 02-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #9
BMERDOC

Put me in line if your deal doesnt go through. I have the integral head but I have the main bracket. As I understand it, the other P/S brackets are the same. Do you know if the brackets were for the small 6's or the 292?
2WD C10 Modern/Performance Alignments
Easiest Alignment Ever!
BMERDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #10
ChevyCruizer
17's too small

I'll let the seller answer for sure but...I think these are 250 brackets. I have been searching inline power steering and the 292 bracket is different because of the extra stroke/head lenght.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMERDOC View Post
Put me in line if your deal doesnt go through. I have the integral head but I have the main bracket. As I understand it, the other P/S brackets are the same. Do you know if the brackets were for the small 6's or the 292?
I think these are stock 292 power steering brackets/setup.
Attached Images

Old 02-12-2013, 06:03 PM   #11
NC67Chev

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyCruizer View Post
Hate to add to a for sale thread but...I have the same brackets (not for sale) and have the same need for a 3rd pulley. Does anyone know of an application where I can get this extra pulley? I have been looking at pick a parts and searching the threads here for some time and the above picture is the best that I have seen that shows what I am talking about.

Thanks, John
I can get you the part numbers for the water pump and crank add-on pulleys I used when I get back home in a couple of days if someone else doesn't help. Although, something tells me that pickmup will have what you need. What is the bolt spacing on your current water pump pulley?
Posted via Mobile Device

Upgrades: Power steering, Offset air cleaner, Rear Sport bumper, 3 point safety belts, HEI, -1/-2 springs, 16x5 wheels, McGaughy's disc brake conversion, Sway bar
NC67Chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:22 AM   #12
ChevyCruizer
17's too small

I wasnt aware that there are different bolt spacing patterns. Its dark out there now I will have to check tomorrow. And yes any help is appreciated.

Thanks, John

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC67Chev View Post
I can get you the part numbers for the water pump and crank add-on pulleys I used when I get back home in a couple of days if someone else doesn't help. Although, something tells me that pickmup will have what you need. What is the bolt spacing on your current water pump pulley?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-13-2013, 03:55 PM   #13
NC67Chev

Quote:
I wasnt aware that there are different bolt spacing patterns. Its dark out there now I will have to check tomorrow. And yes any help is appreciated.

Thanks, John
The original 1 groove pulley on my 67 had a 1 1/4 inch bolt spacing, but the pulleys I ended up using have a 1 1/2 inch bolt spacing. Fortunately, the water pump was drilled and threaded for both bolt patterns, so it was no big deal. I'm just not sure if all water pumps are set up for both patterns. The add-on water pump pulley I used is pn 329671AU. The add-on crank pulley is pn 14025186.
Posted via Mobile Device

Upgrades: Power steering, Offset air cleaner, Rear Sport bumper, 3 point safety belts, HEI, -1/-2 springs, 16x5 wheels, McGaughy's disc brake conversion, Sway bar
Old 02-13-2013, 04:27 PM   #14
ChevyCruizer
17's too small

So these pulls "add on" to the front of your existing pulleys to just add another groove? Got a picture you can post?

Quote:
The original 1 groove pulley on my 67 had a 1 1/4 inch bolt spacing, but the pulleys I ended up using have a 1 1/2 inch bolt spacing. Fortunately, the water pump was drilled and threaded for both bolt patterns, so it was no big deal. I'm just not sure if all water pumps are set up for both patterns. The add-on water pump pulley I used is pn 329671AU. The add-on crank pulley is pn 14025186.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-13-2013, 05:27 PM   #15
NC67Chev

Quote:
So these pulls "add on" to the front of your existing pulleys to just add another groove? Got a picture you can post?
The add-on water pump pulley just goes in front of the 2 groove. The add-on crank bolts on. Here's a thread of some extras that I sold a while back:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=533940

The 2 groove pulley I kept for my use was smaller in diameter than this one, but the other dimmensions were the same. I can take a picture of whats on my truck for you, but it might be a day or two before I have a chance.

Last edited by NC67Chev; 02-13-2013 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Add info
Old 02-14-2013, 12:08 PM   #16
ChevyCruizer
17's too small

Ya, a picture will help. I could only find 1 eBay listing for that pulley you mentioned and it didnt end with the AU. So I wonder if it is the same thing or if the AU is only for like auxiliary.

Quote:
I can take a picture of whats on my truck for you, but it might be a day or two before I have a chance.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:11 AM   #17
ChevyCruizer
17's too small

I pulled my water pump (2 groove) pulley off and my pump is also tapped for both bolt patterns. The number stamped in my pulley is 390043AB.

But again this pulley nor my alternator nor my crank line up with the power steering (and all of my pulleys are two groove). it is like the power steering sits more foreward of the others by the space where a 3rd groove would sit.

I checked 1 of my pick a parts today and they only had 3 trucks/vans with straight 6 and there was nothing left. I will check a differnt lot tomorrow and even walk the cars but there aint too many cars with the old 6 that I can find out here
Old 02-16-2013, 01:19 AM   #18
ChevyCruizer
17's too small

well, i just found an add on ebay (item 160954683454) that looks like it might be the right thing. i purchased it and will find out in a week or so.

Description: For sale is an oem used set of accessory engine pulleys pulled from a 77 Chevy 250 straight six motor. The pulleys show normal use and age wear but overall in good condition. The pulleys are extension pulleys mounted to the ezizsting pulleys giving three belt grooves for running the power steering pump with an air conditioning compressor or smog pump

Hope this does it for me.

Thanks for the help and i will post my results
Old 02-16-2013, 08:41 AM   #19
NC67Chev

Here's a couple pictures of mine. I'm not actually using the 3rd groove yet, but it's in preparation for a/c. Let me know if that pulley doesn't work out for you. During my quest for pulleys, I ended up with a water pump pulley that has a 1/2 space in between the 1st and 2nd groove.
Attached Images

Old 02-19-2013, 07:50 PM   #20
BMERDOC

So did the brackets sell?
2WD C10 Modern/Performance Alignments
Easiest Alignment Ever!
BMERDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:08 PM   #21
70blackfish

SOLD>>>>>SOLD>>>>>>>SOLD>>>>>>

thanks for looking......
Old 02-20-2013, 12:45 PM   #22
ChevyCruizer
17's too small

those pictures help. i just dont understand why mine wont line up like yours does. it looks just like your first photo. but...i do have the add on pulleys coming. I also picked up a water pump pulley this weeked from the junk yard ($5.00) that sounds just like the one you mentioned (1/2 inch space between groove 1 and 2)

just waiting on the mail man now. LOL
Old 02-23-2013, 07:59 AM   #23
NC67Chev

Quote:
those pictures help. i just dont understand why mine wont line up like yours does. it looks just like your first photo. but...i do have the add on pulleys coming. I also picked up a water pump pulley this weeked from the junk yard ($5.00) that sounds just like the one you mentioned (1/2 inch space between groove 1 and 2)

just waiting on the mail man now. LOL
Did you get your pulleys? I'm curious to see if they work for you.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:54 AM   #24
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Why the need for 3 pulleys?
All you are "driving" is the alternator and the P/S pump.

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #25
NC67Chev

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
Why the need for 3 pulleys?
All you are "driving" is the alternator and the P/S pump.
The 3rd groove for me is in preparation for a/c. It's not currently in use.