The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2012, 08:37 PM   #1
mr2873

Air Horn Option?

Hi guys! I just (sadly) sold my 1972 3/4 ton Cheyenne 4wd true survivor truck. I bought it from the original owner many years ago. It still had the original paint, motor, tranny, transfer case, etc.. It even still had the running boards on it that he put on it many years ago! The original owner gave me a ton of literature that sold with the rig including purchase information, protecto plate, a dealer option manual, etc.. Some of the parts I kept (the new owner did not want them) were the two chrome air horns the original owner gave me and some new GM sill plates that are still in their wrapping (I have them on Ebay). The question for all of you is....according to the dealer option brochure the new owner has, it looks like the air horns WERE an option. Are they worth anything? For now, they are taking up space in my shop shelves. Maybe they are worth a ton. Or, maybe they are worth nothing more than scrap. They are not pitted out, the chrome still shines, and they have minimal use. Any input is GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!

Steve
mr2873 is offline   Reply With Quote