The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > FAQ Truck Tech > 67-72

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2007, 01:09 PM   #3
herb101
Used Register

Re: How To: Bestop TigerTop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Jack View Post
That Bestop looks alot better installed on your truck than the one they show on their site.
Thanks!

I was able to get a little better fit around the bottom rear of the door windows by bending the vertical supports a bit. I bent it where the round stock welds to the angle iron and that releave some of the pressure on the fabric at that lower back corner at the door area. This was done off the truck, in a vice. On a side note - one thing I forgot to mention is that these window surrond parts are thickly powder coated, which is great,but...You have to chase the threads before the wingnut can be installed and the coating is easily cracked off when you bend the rod for adjustment. I touched up the newly bare metal areas with a black paint pen from a hobby store.

Also got to try it out last night and this morning - torential downpours! What timing! Interior stayed mostly dry, but having a vent window would help a bit more... Absolutely no puddling over the front cabin, but the area between the rear bows does collect water. Plan for a wet knee too - the run-off from the tops seems to easily find the gap at the front top of the window. Again, maybe a vent window would assist.

Herb