The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2008, 07:30 AM   #1
IvelDesigns
Commander Taco Bello

She's on the road again

thank god she's on the road again /end country song voice

i'll save you the pain of looking through the pics i took while dropping the motor in, pics for each body pannel install, and the pics of the kids/wife helping out and cut to the chase and show the final pics.

We started friday night with nothing on the front frame rails. by midnight friday the motor was in, and by 2am saturday, the motor was running and the clip was on and aligned (pretty close at least).

Sunday we backed it out under it's own power and snapped a couple pics. still dusty in all of these shots, but way better looking than when i started.

flipping between these two shots is kinda fun

Then on sunday i buttoned up the rest of the minor stuff and took her for the maiden voyage. this was the first stop:

then today we had to go into cedar falls to help take down some fallen trees from the tornado the night before (post regarding that coming soon). on the way i stopped and got a couple pics.

after cutting down trees for the morning, i went out and toured one of the harder (not hardest) hit areas by the tornado, then i made the 2 hour drive home. not a single problem or concern the whole way. even took the wife and kids out for dinner in the truck after i got cleaned up.

I used to get looks from people when driving it, now i get stares.

I'll have many more pics posted in my build thread. the link is in my sig.
IvelDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote