The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
Smith & Sons

Who makes the best carpet kit ?

Preparing to Dynamat the floor of our 67 c10.Will cover that with foil covered felt/jute but who makes the best quality/fit pre formed carpet ?? Thanks people
Smith & Sons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:32 PM   #2
Longhorn 70

Re: Who makes the best carpet kit ?

For the Corvette and the Truck, I bought from Stock Interiors. Looks high quality and feels nice too. I got the jute backed with door bottoms and kick panels... It was around $300 shipped....don't remember the exact amount.

And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. Gal 6:9
Longhorn 70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:47 PM   #3
FirstOwner69

There's been some discussion regarding this recently in another thread or two. A lot of folks say Trim Parts. ACC (Auto Custom Carpets) may be the major supplier and is sold by many vendors such as Stock Interiors (see post #2) and Rock Auto. They have many options available such as different styles (loop, plush, mass backed, etc.). I just installed a mass backed loop pile version in my 69 and it fit great. I had to trim the binding from under the sill plates (as GM did with the originals). The only negative is that the heel pad was not in the exact place as the original. I also ordered their mat set. The mats very high quality, but the cutout for the base of the accelerator was not quite located where I felt it should be so I modified it slightly. I found the best price at Rock Auto and they usually have a 5% discount code available somewhere.

As a side note, I have buckets and console and had to cut about 25 holes. A trick I learned from a video on the ACC website is to use a hole saw RUN IN REVERSE to cut the holes. I used a 3/4" or 1" hole saw.

I don't know if Trim Parts makes their own carpet. I'd bet it is contracted out.
FirstOwner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:19 PM   #4
Smith & Sons

Thanks firstowner 69,just the info I needed
Smith & Sons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:59 PM   #5
Longhorn 70

Oddly enough when I ordered from Stock Interiors, the box said Auto Custom Carpets on the outside for both the Vette and truck.

And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. Gal 6:9
Longhorn 70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:42 AM   #6
hockeyjerk1

Hey, Firstowner, how quiet is your combo with the massback?
hockeyjerk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:36 AM   #7
FirstOwner69

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjerk1 View Post
Hey, Firstowner, how quiet is your combo with the massback?
Can't say. I'm in the process of a full frame-off and I only have the cab on the chassis. The carpet came with a separate jute pad for the area ahead of the seats. I also put jute pad under the seats (buckets) and the stuff Home Depot, Lowes, etc. sell as duct wrap (sort of like Dynamat) on the entire floor pan and behind and on the front of the tank. I think the carpet install with the mass back may have been a bit harder due to less stretchability and the fact I did it in my 30 degree garage, but I also like the extra regidity it gives as compared with the original carpet. I'm thinking this should be pretty quiet especially since the original GM carpet didn't cover the floor under the seats... just exposed metal there from day one.

Here are a couple pictures of the install. The gas tank carpet is the original.
Attached Images

FirstOwner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:02 PM   #8
Wrenchbender Ret

I got mine from LMC & its junk.
Wrenchbender Ret is offline   Reply With Quote