The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-13-2013, 10:15 AM   #1
48find

1948 GMC first timer

So just a quick little run down active military returning from 5 years overseas and finally in a location i could start my first hotrod/restoration project (SLC Area Utah) I grew up around classic car shows and motors and have always loved the 40-50's era pickup trucks. So the other day im driving and see this old buick sitting in front of this guys garage with a tarp over it wife told me to stop and see what he wants to do with it and maybe sale it. talking to the guy he doesnt want to sell the car but showed me a 38 or early 40's REO he was restoring and then there it was he had a old never restored farm truck sitting behind his garage in a tent with parts piled on the bed MY 1948 GMC Long bed pickup, i felt all giddy inside as soon as i saw it, but knew it wouldnt be in my budget... well lucky for me he wanted to finish his REO and knew he wouldnt get around to the GMC any time soon so told me he would sell it for what he bought it for 10 years ago 800 bucks, this thing is 100 percent there body wise and very minor rust other then the lower cab corners as normal, there wasnt an engine or trans which was fine with me as i plan on a bigger engine, the frame is solid with minor surface rust and it comes with 2 extra grille inserts i got it home now and the guy even trailered and unloaded it to my house for free great guy. cleaned ip out yesterdat for the seat out and bed cleaned... Now is where i need the help on where to go from here. If you guys have any input on how to beign this very long journey let me know please. thanks and i can tell from the other threads that this is my go to place when im in a rut.
48find is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #2
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Re: 1948 GMC first timer

Sounds like a cool project. You should post about it in the 47-59 area located at http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/f...splay.php?f=13

Lots of knowledgeable folks in there.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:38 PM   #3
1ATony

Re: 1948 GMC first timer

1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote