The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2003, 12:11 AM   #1
gchemist
BAD BOW-Silverado XST

Texas Truck Rally Austin, TX March 15th.

Posting directly from another site.
Hello hello from Jaime/Chevydude. Well about 4 months ago I tossed around the idea that the Central Texas board users should have a get together. Their was such a positive reply from around the state that members from the DFW area to San Antonio said they would enjoy to come; I was surprised to say the least. Well at the time of the the year and dates in which it was setup was very bad with ppls schedules. So, what was planed was a March 1 date to have the meet. So far the meet will be held in Austin at the Dave and Busters on March first which is on a Saturday. The rendezvous time is 3:00 in the Afternoon in order to have all the members who are going to show up and get to know each other for an hour or so until 4:00-4:30. This gives enough time for people to arrive so no one will be left out wondering if everyone is inside. At 4:30 we will go inside and eat in the restaurant. If weather is a problem on the March 1st date or if March 1st is a date absolutely no one else can come, March 15th will be the postpone date. "Porschephile" who is a CT member and friend of mine will be the contact man. A link to his email will follow Porschephiles email Oh by the way his name is Travis. For those who are going to go email him and tell him about your confirmation title it "CT March Meet" he will also be the contact man for the date in order to notify of your impending arrival or if you get a little lost in Austin. Also for directions simply go to www.mapquest.com and paste this address--> Dave and Buster's
9333 Research Blvd Ste A600 Austin, TX 78759-7389
By the way if any one feels too tired to drive home if you live a few hours away, you are willing to camp at my house if you feel the need to, b-fast will also be served to those who stay. So bring your sleeping bags and tent if you want. Still trying to get you guys inside the house, the old woman is iffy on the idea! Oh yes moderator Gchemist is also helping organize this.
What we need is input and replies from you in order to know how many people are going to come so as to get a good idea of the people coming. So far 7 have said they are going to come that I have spoken too. About 10-15 ppl said they would come on my old post, so we are expecting a nice turn out. I hope to see you there!!

BAB BOW will be there!!! I'll even offer a few rides for fun.