The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-01-2013, 08:42 PM   #1
Bloodyjaws88

I found a 72 highlander

Hello all. I found a 72 c10 a few weeks ago. After talking to the owner...he forgot he even owned it, I grabbed it for $200 for parts for my 69. While looking at the spid, I found 2 codes I didn't know anything about...so I looked them up. YG6 special promotion. package and Z62 custom deluxe equipment. After some research I found the Highlander package. That explains the weird plaid seat. I'm rethinking. cutting it up. I know there are no hard and fast production numbers, but is this truck worth building? I don't have pics now and its rough. I was thinking of doing my 69 as a 72 clone anyway and now maybe recreate the highlander.
I had never heard of the highlander before and was wondering what you guys think. Ill post pics next time I get to where the truck is. Chris
Posted via Mobile Device
Bloodyjaws88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:22 PM   #2
SS Tim

Re: I found a 72 highlander

If you found the YG6 you might have seen a post of mine. So what colors is it and how good is the seat? Would like to see a picture of the SPID if you will. C10 LWB Highlanders are the most plentiful that I have found and really not terribly special, unless it is close to original it is probably not worth the effort. As always option content can make a difference but I'm not expecting a loaded or unusual YG6.
SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:38 PM   #3
Bloodyjaws88

Hi Tim. Is your truck blue and white? That may have been the truck/spid I saw. Its not in great shape, or even good shape. The bed was replaced at some point and is juck. It is indeed a long bed, olive green with a darker green top. Was a 307-3speed with no air. The seat is pretty wiped out as it has no rear glass and sits outside. I'm mainly buying it for the tailgate ( not great, but I don't have one) the hood, and a bunch of little stuff. oh, and the frame. I just thought it was kinda cool is all. I knew it isn't rare or anything but wanted some info. Ill get pics of the spid for you later this week. Thanks, Chris
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-01-2013, 09:47 PM   #4
Codez67Chevy

I like pictures!!!!

93' Toyota pickup 2WD 2dr and 32mpg. Daily driver. 300k+

Members I've met...
Mister-B
Codez67Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:21 PM   #5
SS Tim

Chris,
No I don't have a Highlander but I have done a lot of research and have a number of information posts about them. Have you see my Highlander Plaid Blurb? It sounds like you made a nice find and if it is code 556 (med. olive with a dark olive roof) Jocko is going to want to see pictures as well. Bet it looked good new with the three shades of green (it is 613 avacado right?) with the white vinyl and black accents. Here is a picture of a similar truck for you.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:22 PM   #6
jocko

dark over med olive highlander? ??? ???? Now how cool is that. You must post pics, immediately!

That color combo is rare enough as it is (and one I'm very keen on) - how cool it would look with the avocado plaid...

Wait - did you just say you were thinking of cutting it up??!! Nooooooooooooooo. Save the whales.

EDIT: You're readin my mind Tim!
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:56 AM   #7
Bloodyjaws88

Tim, its actually only 613 dark olive on the roof and 556 medium. olive everywhere else. What's funny is my 69 was 556 olive too before some dimwit painted it purple and black and put a green bed on it.
Jacko, Id like to save it, but I dunno if the guy has the title or not. If I have to kill it then its parts will live on with the 69. Id like to paint mine to match this truxk and put a new highlander interior in it, but I dunno. Anyway, Ill posts pics asap. I have the spid from the 72 on my phone but it won't let me post from there.
Chris
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-02-2013, 01:10 AM   #8
SS Tim

OK lets retry this
The trim code for the avacodo plaid is 613 if that is what your truck has.

Dark Olive solid paint is code 506
Med. Olive solid paint is code 504

These colors in Custom Two-Tone with a dark olive roof and a med. olive body would be code 556, as each color combination has a specific code. The code 556 I presented earlier was based on your inital description.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:08 AM   #9
Bloodyjaws88

Ohhhh, I see what you mean now. Duh. I should have thought about it. Yea, I bet it was a cool looking truck when new. Btw...the paint code for my 69 is 4504AA olive green. It looks to be about the same shade as the highlander olive.
Here is a good one for you. The 69 is a mutt. I figured out its on a 71 frame due to the disc brakes and power steering. The cab is probably original to the frame as it has a bolt on rearview mirror but has a vent in the left door jam. The cab has a/c but my spid shows none. The bed is off a 67 and the doors, fenders, hood etc. are off the 69 that matches the title. I have learned a bunch off of this site and from guys like you. Thank you for explaining the paint code stuff. Chris
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-02-2013, 02:04 PM   #10
SS Tim

The reason your 69 looks the same is its the same paint code
4504AA. Here is the picture I had intended to post yesterday.
Attached Images