The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-22-2014, 11:10 PM   #1
ofnaman

Street and Performance company issues?

Anyone here been having problems with Street and Performance? We have ordered some stuff from them and have had some issues. First we ordered custom fit headers for the project we are working on http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=599469 . They are awesome, but had an issue with them. We opted to get the v clamp collectors and the sealing surface on one was damaged. It was an easy fix, and S&P did tell us they would fix them if we could not. No big deal, but they should have caught it as the problem was definately there prior to them putting the coating on them. Then we ordered some air intake pieces that they said would clear the alternator on the same project. The parts (a 4" 90 degree elbow, and some couplers) did not clear the alternator and looked like garbage, the elbow was cast aluminum and had a hole in it that had been welded up. They were NOT cheap ($250). We sent them back and they credited us the money. The final straw has been with the ecm programming. We had them program the ecm even though they were considerably more money than what we could have had it done locally for. I thought, they are supposed to be the best, so it will be worth it. Well, we got the ecm back and the truck would not run. I spent 3 day's on the truck trying to figure out what I did wrong on the wiring. I finally came to the conclusion the wiring is fine, the ecm just is not working correctly. I called S&P and was informed that since the ecm had a yellow dot on the tag they put on it that it had ran in their test vehicle. I spent a few hours going over the wiring again and then called them back to ask if they could double check it. They agreed, however they were not very happy to double check it. So we sent it in. The guy there gave us the run around for a few day's then said someone else was going to give it another look, we were also told by the first guy that it ran in their truck again, but not well. The second guy gave us the run around for a few more day's then said he's tried to program it 3 times and it will NOT run in their truck. He then said he has no idea and has a call in to the programming software company. It's been there for almost two months with no progress. They did tell us that a second ecm has been returned to them doing the same thing. We have been very patient with them, but it's getting a little ridiculous now.
Old 05-23-2014, 02:33 PM   #2
slinginrods

Re: Street and Performance company issues?

I have used them a few times on some LS swap stuff.They took forever to get the parts but the stuff worked ok.Sometimes they are hard to get ahold of on the phone. Their prices have always been higher than some of the other companies out there.There is a ton of good companies out that specialize in this kind of stuff now.
slinginrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 06:07 AM   #3
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Re: Street and Performance company issues?

I have been to S&P several times and the owner (Mark Campbell) is one of the most people interactive type persons that you will ever meet. He has his catalog and his products memorized and can talk you through issues at a good clip. He is in his office at 5 AM and is still there at 7 PM, just so he can catch people at both ends of the country when they need things. If you have problems, call him and talk them out with him.