The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-05-2016, 04:35 PM   #1
jdalexa84

Lock up converter wiring

Just bought a 200-4r and I was wondering what wiring kits are recommended for wiring it. I have a 350 that I'm pairing it to. Any input is appreciated
jdalexa84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 11:55 PM   #2
Longhornss

Re: Lock up converter wiring

Only way I would go is with a bowler performance total cure kit. It comes with all the wiring, a new OEM tv cable and a cam to mount to your carb that pulls the cable in a non linear motion. lock up is shut off with the break switch and is only activated once the Trans has been in 4th for a period of time... 8 seconds I believe is the number.

You can order just the wiring kit without the TV and it comes with a new filter an entire internal wire harness with all new GM connectors and new Solonoid, (no cutting and splicing wires inside the Trans) the timer, and pan gasket.

Here is a link
http://bowlertransmissions.com/p/99/...nverter-module
It may be a little more expensive than other kits on the market. I have used several and this is the best one I have used. There is no vacuum switch to adjust or have fail and it is the most complete with all new components.
And it just works!
Longhornss is offline   Reply With Quote