The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-08-2013, 06:11 PM   #1
NEVR-FINSHD

'68 C-10 stepside build, BBC with a few custom touches

Well new here to the forum, but contantly lurking and reading up on things i had questions on so i figured i might as well join up and show what i am working on.

1968 C-10 stepside bed (short)- true short step, no shortening of the frame etc..

currently lowered 2/4" on coils only, will be 5/7 or lower if i can make it happen.

468 BBC, forged internals, moderate sized cam, closed chambered square port heads, high rise with a 750 holley. completely roller.

Turbo 400, neil chance 3600 convertor, built internals and so on.

now to end the rambling and let you see her:

exterior mods are as follows, frenched in power antenna, camaro fender vents (previous owners doing, but they grow on you), smooth tail gate cover. shaved stake pockets and end caps, rear roll pan (i guess you could call it that), billet tail lamps, 2/4 drop and a few other things im forgetting.

This is a father/son project. we bought the truck nearly 5 years ago and started the rust repair at that time, meaning flooboards, rockers, cab corners etc. then long story short near the end of all the body work my dad was replacing a fuel pump in a 95 mustang when it caught fire and burnt to the ground in the drive way. well guess what was right next to it. Well after that we kind of lost interest because all the work we had done needed completely re done. This was august '08 mind you.

so now were back on it 100%, im working on it every evening after work and all day long on the weekends until its finished.

here are a few progress pics:
yours truly-

after 3 days of body work the driver side is done and now for the back of the cab and passenger side

only rust left to tend to is above the rear window, been trying to track down a replacement piece but to no avial. anyone know where i can get a hold of a new one????

this is the drop im looking for in the end:

more progress to come as im going over there tonight to work on it...

enjoy!!
NEVR-FINSHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:21 PM   #2
NEVR-FINSHD

Re: '68 C-10 stepside build, BBC with a few custom touches

the color im using is John Deere flat black. yes you read that right. with some sort of deep metallic blue stripe that accents the body a little.

Interior mods are simple,

stock dash with vintage style radio w/ newer one in glove box.
(the dash isnt cut so why would i ruin a perfectly good one???)
2003 SS monte carlo black leather seats
black carpet
custom fiberglass console
painted to match the exterior stripe
NEVR-FINSHD is offline   Reply With Quote