The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-18-2007, 11:17 PM   #1
Jtrux
I'm a poor spectator

Got some new headers (no pics of course) and they fit great!!!

Okay so a couple weeks ago I got really tired of my stupid brand new headers leaking on me and also got pissed because my front drive shaft would not bolt up. I thought I had gotten the right headers from summit (this is already the second time by the way that i've gotten the wrong ones and by now I was pretty tired of dealing with headers) but I did a little research and come to find out they were headers for a 73-91 blazer/truck or whatever. I first thought about just leaving them on there and modifying them to work but the more I thought about it, the more it pissed me off. So I went online and looked up some other brands and found some Hooker headers (pt number hkr2453) and supposedly they would work. I called Summit and explained that this is the second time (I was being nice, I really was) I had gotten the wrong ones and that I wanted to switch them out for another set. I had already started the blazer's new engine with these current headers and because of that he said it was a no go. He told me that I should of checked for drive shaft clearance before the fact and recommended that I try to sell the headers to a 73-91 owner to recoup the costs of a new set and he would even knock off 10% on my next header purchase. By this point i'm pretty f*&^ing pissed off and am at the point of yelling because however wrong it may of been of me to start the blazer with those headers it was still initially there F up and I stood my ground. Some of you might get after me and say that I was wrong for doing that because I didn't check for clearances before starting it and that's fine, you all can have your opinions, but I just didn't care about that and since i've spent so much money with those people I figured they owed it to me to correct the situation. Anyways, me and that fellow stayed on the phone for a while going back and forth, back and forth, back and forth until I finally just told hime, "Put me on the phone with someone that can help me!" After about 13 minutes (I swear I wasn't counting) of being on hold a guy came on the phone and completely changed my attitude. He sent me the correct headers 2nd day air telling me to try them out and make sure they fit, when and if they do fit, send the other ones back. I don't even have to go to UPS, they are sending them to my apartment to pick them up for me!!!!!!! That guy deserves a raise. Anyways I installed them, they fit great, they look better than those other junk headers (Dynomax) and i'm just as happy as a fat kid in a candy store.

Also, I had used a water pump pulley that I found at a junk yard (it's a swp) and noticed it had a bad wobble to it that caused belts to get stretched and since i'm cheap I tried everything in my power to avoid spending a single cent. I ended up using a 2 groove pulley (i'm almost certain it's off a ford but I might be wrong; I have a pile of pulleys in a box and I just grabbed one) and it lines up perfectly. Eventually i'll get some pics so you see what a creative bastard I am.

1993 Chevy 2500 4x4 ExCab LWB 454/NV4500 Tow rig

1977 Ford F100 2x4 LWB 1st truck I owned, still have it!!!

1979 Ford F150 4x4 SWB Built Ford Tough!!!

1971 Chevy Blazer 350 / SM465 / NP205 UNDER CONSTRUCTION Soon to have a LQ4 6.0!!!
Jtrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 12:09 AM   #2
Critter
Future TOTM Winner

Re: Got some new headers (no pics of course) and they fit great!!!

PICS! PICS! PICS!...actually, what do I care about pics? Just drive the thing over here and I will check it out while you are working on my Blazer.

Check it out www.lsdyno.com
Critter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 05:13 PM   #3
charlie diaz

yes, please post pics!!! (the triple "P")
charlie diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 05:31 PM   #4
Blizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter View Post
PICS! PICS! PICS!...actually, what do I care about pics? Just drive the thing over here and I will check it out while you are working on my Blazer.
That's what I'm talkin bout. What happened with the compression test...hmmmm?? BTW, guys...I finally got that welder goin....I don't know how much automotive use it'll get for now, but in the meanwhile, I'm gonna start on a few projects.

'96 2dr Tahoe 4x4 daily driver, Black Bear Performance tune, 285-75-16 Nitto Grapplers, Magnaflow muffler, K&N Air filter, Bilstein Shocks.........E-fan, DT Tri Y or Pacesetter LTs coming soon
Blizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:22 PM   #5
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote