The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-22-2011, 03:34 PM   #1
hsdropout

Refurbed Tins

Got all body parts blasted and epoxy primed. No rust (basically the reason I bought the dern thing).
Hood, fascia, left fenders, running boards, bed box(not pictured) and tailgate nearly perfect shape. Right front fender has some dents and right rear fender is tattered. All in all please with what I got. Now that these parts are sealed up, they can sit in the shed until I'm ready for them. ("Rust Never Sleeps", Neil Young 1979).
Need to start on the cab & doors now, take out glass, fill holes in firewall, remove paint, prime, etc.
It (cab & doors)appears to be rust free also except for a spot on passenger side floor board, easy fix.
Lots to do but I am past the point of being overwhelmed and taking it as it comes, one bit at a time. It's good mental & pyshical therapy.
Continue to get good input for my ongoing questions from you all, thanks again!
Attached Images

hsdropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:03 PM   #2
kaycee

Re: Refurbed Tins

They be looking good just 1 step at a time,wish I was at the step your at
63 IMPALA 327
kaycee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:31 AM   #3
dicer

Just a hint, I'd be setting them on something other than concrete, since the slightest movement will scratch the paint .
dicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 01:22 PM   #4
hsdropout

Two coats of epoxy primer, it is pretty tough, but yea, I got them stashed on wood stickers.
Yo DICER, did you ever find a truck?
I searched for 6 months, most were rusted badly or bondo buckets and they were usually asking too much $.
Found mine for 1700, PO had original 235 setting in his back yard uncovered for 8 years, which I sold for 100 (it was pretty crusty). It also came with a 350 4 bolt sbc and TH 350 (out of an '82 van) with a Lokar shifter (brand new). Also got brand new chrome front bumper, headlight bezels, mirrors, new crossmembers for motor & tranny, new battery holder and air cleaner cover....all the original stock interior in fair shape......and little if any rust. Bonus, big back window.
PO lost interest.........
Good luck on your search if you are still looking.
hsdropout is offline   Reply With Quote