The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 06:55 PM   #1
lyrikz
PITbut

Wheres billa???

I just went to send him a PM and it says his account is suspended. Any story behind this? I did do a search and i didnt find anything.....
Anyone?
Old 08-20-2008, 08:09 PM   #2
lyrikz
PITbut

Re: Wheres billa???

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyrikz View Post
I just went to send him a PM and it says his account is suspended. Any story behind this? I did do a search and i didnt find anything.....
Anyone?
No one????
Old 08-20-2008, 08:10 PM   #3
Richard H.
Spanked once

I have been wondering the same , I assume from looking through his last several post he .... must have made one of the powers to be mad in a private matter?
A loss for sure.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:21 PM   #4
c10crazy
Like a Rock!

He's an assett to the board Hope he's back soon!
Old 08-20-2008, 09:53 PM   #5
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

He chose to break the rules and condemn the staff for upholding them. He had been issued several warnings and continued to push the limits. Unfortunately even with knowledge, a user whom creates issues is not an asset to the community as a whole.
He has continued to disrupt the staff even with a suspension by subscribing to the site, after being banned, and placing a claim against the site via paypal. Actions such as that have no place here.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:20 PM   #6
toomanytoyz
Luv the Crewcabs

I had wondered the same thing, Had enjoyed his Wisdom concerning engine Building........

It's an Unfortunate Reality that some People refuse to Grow Up, The Staff of this site goes above & Beyond to keep this the Best Board on the Net & Deserves our support...........

Rick
67 Fleet
68 Wrecker
68 Suburban
76 Crewcab
79 Gmc Dumptruck
84 Blazer
86 Crewcab Stepside
87 Iroc
89 GMC Plow Truck
91 Camaro Vert
96 Z71 Stepsde
Old 08-20-2008, 11:03 PM   #7
lyrikz
PITbut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
He chose to break the rules and condemn the staff for upholding them. He had been issued several warnings and continued to push the limits. Unfortunately even with knowledge, a user whom creates issues is not an asset to the community as a whole.
He has continued to disrupt the staff even with a suspension by subscribing to the site, after being banned, and placing a claim against the site via paypal. Actions such as that have no place here.
Where are the posts of him breaking the rules?? I went through a ton of his posts and didnt find anything. Did you delete them??
Old 08-20-2008, 11:15 PM   #8
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

You can PM Josh for any further details if you feel you need them. We have a staff section for unedited versions of posts and things that get copied. Users do not see a lot of things that go on behind the scenes.
I appreciate your concern, but the reason has been stated and I see no reason to discuss this further.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:20 PM   #9
lyrikz
PITbut

Quote:
You can PM Josh for any further details if you feel you need them. We have a staff section for unedited versions of posts and things that get copied. Users do not see a lot of things that go on behind the scenes.
I appreciate your concern, but the reason has been stated and I see no reason to discuss this further.
Sorry boss.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:34 PM   #10
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

There is no need to apologize, sincerely or otherwise. You asked a question and it was answered. I replied to your PM as well.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:16 AM   #11
70GMCer

Damn!! He must have really pissed on someones "Wheaties" !!!!!

1965 Mustang
Old 08-21-2008, 12:09 PM   #12
lyrikz
PITbut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70GMCer View Post
Damn!! He must have really pissed on someones "Wheaties" !!!!!
He did piss in someones wheaties. The wrong persons wheaties. He is gone. I dont know if he will ever be able to return. Its unfortunate because he is an asset.... The thread where this all went down is gone.

Mr Billla will be missed....
Old 08-21-2008, 12:29 PM   #13
Josh
He's got mean nasty FANGS!

Someone whom files fraud claims against the site for subscribing after they were banned to me will not be missed. Yes he was very knowledgable and helpful in areas but his inability to keep from stirring the pot and starting issues by "trying to help" were and are not welcome. The pissing in someones wheaties comment is not appreciated, I take all bans very seriously and it takes alot for me to out and out remove someone from the site. All permanent banishments are approved by me before they are handed out.

Josh
1969 C-10
1967 C-10 Panel
josh@67-72chevytrucks.com
Old 08-21-2008, 12:40 PM   #14
lyrikz
PITbut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
Someone whom files fraud claims against the site for subscribing after they were banned to me will not be missed. Yes he was very knowledgable and helpful in areas but his inability to keep from stirring the pot and starting issues by "trying to help" were and are not welcome. The pissing in someones wheaties comment is not appreciated, I take all bans very seriously and it takes alot for me to out and out remove someone from the site. All permanent banishments are approved by me before they are handed out.

Josh
Sorry that comment isnt appreciated. Thats what he did. He pissed the wrong people off.

I can see him stirring the pot. As for the filing a claim on paypal, i can see someone doing that also. You pay for a site, then get banned from it?

Regardless, its a great site, and bill will be missed. Is there anyway he is coming back Josh or is he gone for good??

Josh, i took this to PM.... No need to talk about the Billla issue on the forum. Thanks sir...

Last edited by lyrikz; 08-21-2008 at 12:44 PM.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:50 PM   #15
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
You pay for a site, then get banned from it?
The subscription was made several days AFTER being banned, then reported as a claim for fraud.

just to set the record straight...
Old 08-21-2008, 12:51 PM   #16
Torbjorn
Tech Admin

well I know nothing of billa or his 'adventures'. but filing a false fraud report ANYWHERE for whatever reason just plain rubs me the wrong way.

My immediate opinion is.. if he would do this...what else may he do or have already done around here?

My opinions only and they are not reflective of the site or management

'68 C-10 LWB 4 x 2
'71 Chevelle
'72 Monte Carlo

ahh...those were the days

Not only do I play an a--hole on the internet....I am one in real life
Old 08-21-2008, 12:52 PM   #17
lyrikz
PITbut

Quote:
The subscription was made several days AFTER being banned, then reported as a claim for fraud.

just to set the record straight...
Ya, thats unfortunate. Guy is upset. I know he misses this place, i sure and hell would....
Old 08-21-2008, 02:42 PM   #18
HuggerCST

I've read some of the posts and I agree that the ban was justified. He was given PLENTY of opportunities to straighten up and play by the rules, but chose not to. If he came in my house, showed no respect, and said some of the things that he did, he wouldn't be welcome there either.
53 Chevy shortbed
69 Camaro

Click here to subscribe
Chevy GMC International Truck Club Louisiana Charter Member
http://www.louisianaclassictruckclub.com
Old 08-21-2008, 02:43 PM   #19
lyrikz
PITbut

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuggerCST View Post
I've read some of the posts and I agree that the ban was justified. He was given PLENTY of opportunities to straighten up and play by the rules, but chose not to. If he came in my house, showed no respect, and said some of the things that he did, he wouldn't be welcome there either.
I didnt get to read those threads.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:46 PM   #20
redneckgirl

Quote:
Sorry that comment isnt appreciated. Thats what he did. He pissed the wrong people off.

I can see him stirring the pot. As for the filing a claim on paypal, i can see someone doing that also. You pay for a site, then get banned from it?

Regardless, its a great site, and bill will be missed. Is there anyway he is coming back Josh or is he gone for good??

Josh, i took this to PM.... No need to talk about the Billla issue on the forum. Thanks sir...
The fact of the matter is, he had a tendency to upset nearly as many members as he helped. He was a very knowledgable person, but had a way of talking down to anyone with a difference of opinion. He was constantly degrading to some members who didn't see things his way. At one time he was one of the most knowledgable members here. But that knowledge does no good when it is being given with contempt to other members. For those reasons, he will not be missed by quite a few folks. His manner over the past year or so had degraded to the point that as a moderator, I cringed when I saw a new post by him. It is a shame that his behavior had gotten to this point. I, as well as several other mods, tried to talk to him and see if it was something in his personal life effecting his manner here. We wanted to help...because he was an asset for so long. The truth of the matter is, his actions would have caused him to be banned a lot sooner if he hadn't been such a longstanding member.

I personally would let the matter drop. It is what it is. He was abusive to other members and to staff and that has no place here.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:51 PM   #21
lyrikz
PITbut

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckgirl View Post
The fact of the matter is, he had a tendency to upset nearly as many members as he helped. He was a very knowledgable person, but had a way of talking down to anyone with a difference of opinion. He was constantly degrading to some members who didn't see things his way. At one time he was one of the most knowledgable members here. But that knowledge does no good when it is being given with contempt to other members. For those reasons, he will not be missed by quite a few folks. His manner over the past year or so had degraded to the point that as a moderator, I cringed when I saw a new post by him. It is a shame that his behavior had gotten to this point. I, as well as several other mods, tried to talk to him and see if it was something in his personal life effecting his manner here. We wanted to help...because he was an asset for so long. The truth of the matter is, his actions would have caused him to be banned a lot sooner if he hadn't been such a longstanding member.

I personally would let the matter drop. It is what it is. He was abusive to other members and to staff and that has no place here.
Agreed.

Nice to meet you btw.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:53 PM   #22
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

When one becomes more of a liability over being an asset, it's time to cut them loose.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:02 PM   #23
lyrikz
PITbut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
When one becomes more of a liability over being an asset, it's time to cut them loose.
I think its time for us to cut you loose. HAHAH. Punishment for not making it to this years LHM monroe meet. ahaha Its not going to be the same without you....

i think im stuck on bird poop duty.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:10 PM   #24
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

You got stuck on bird poop duty... LOL, that's punishment for not being there last year!!! I was actually lookin forward to meeting you last year, and I remember you had asked about getting a site sticker with paid memberships... and I think it's not a bad idea. I had brought one out to hand you, but since you weren't there, it went on my burb instead.

Last edited by Longhorn Man; 08-21-2008 at 03:10 PM.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:28 PM   #25
lyrikz
PITbut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
You got stuck on bird poop duty... LOL, that's punishment for not being there last year!!! I was actually lookin forward to meeting you last year, and I remember you had asked about getting a site sticker with paid memberships... and I think it's not a bad idea. I had brought one out to hand you, but since you weren't there, it went on my burb instead.
LOL.... I was beyond bummed. Especially when i found out how close it was to my house. Me and CG were just out there this weekend. That sticker is pretty good lookin... i missed out.
Closed Thread