The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2005, 04:28 PM   #1
Fred T
Cantankerous Geezer

Lower Radiator Hose Solution

I've been battling this for a week. 350 in stock location with a long water pump and 4 row radiator. Tried several hoses, finally decided to try Yukon Jack's solution of a 70664 plus a short 90 hose and a coupler. Went to put it together today.

Started by trimming one end of the 90* hoseput it on and did some measuring. Didn't know for certain how the 70664 hose was supposed to go in, but it looked like I would need to trim both ends. One end has a short leg with a moderate bend, I decided to put that end to the engine, and trimmed a few inches off the other end, and aligning the end with the short bend to the hose that was on the water pump. Was marking to cut both hoses, when I realized that I could remove the 90* hose and install the 70664 on the water pump.

So, here it is, the 70664 installed with a few inches trimmed off the long end, and it clears the frame.
Attached Images

There is no such thing as too much cam...just not enough engine.
Fred T is offline   Reply With Quote