The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2009, 11:43 PM   #1
imaguywithemail

1970 C10 pickup

Alright, I got past all the trouble with my differential in my truck. The rear diff had been run without oil in it, and I was in such a rush to get her going i didn't check, just took the guys word it was ready to bolt in and go. First and last time that happens. So now I'm just waiting for the weather to clear up. the last things I need to do are to move the engine back about 2 inches (looks like I'm in the big block holes, not the small block ones) and reconnect the rear brake lines, then she'll be out and about! However now I'm starting too look at new cam and intake combos. What I know about the engine:
1978 Chevy 350ci engine with all the emission b.s. yanked off.
.202 high hump heads
mild cam (not sure duration or lift)
HEI distributor with coil
4 speed Saginaw transmission
3.73 limited rear differential.
Right now I've got a Edelbrock Performer intake and carb (600cfm).
I'm not too stoked with it, I think it looks boring and don't really like the high rpm power I get, so I'm wanting to go with a Weiand Tunnel ram 2x4 setup. However I know I can't just pop a few 600cfm Holley's on and expect the thing to even start. What I want to know is what cam and carbs should I use to get this thing to run well? I already have judged the pros and cons of the tunnel ram and am really doing it because I love the look of the thing. Are there any really really small 4 barrels for sale that would work great for that? And what size and duration cam would work best? i've thought about some 390 4 bbls but don't know what cam to use. Thanks in advance for your guys help! Oh and the trucks gonna be used as a semi-daily driver/show/occasional fun car. I'm not worrying about fuel economy either. i've steeled myself for none.
imaguywithemail is offline   Reply With Quote