The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2012, 12:45 PM   #1
Gator Alum

Newbie Needs Help Finding Truck

Hello Everyone-

I'm new to the site but have been stalking a while. I have to admit, I have been a member of many car sites in the past and the friendliness, willingness to help, camaraderie that everyone has here is amazing! Kudos!

I have gotten the itch to rehab/restore a 2nd series truck. I am not a big fan of the Apache or Fleetside styles. I'd like to rehab the truck enough to be a daily driver until I get a bigger home and garage to do a full frame off. I like original, so numbers matching would be preferred (I don't even know where the VIN codes are on the frame/body or the motor).

For the longest time I thought I would get a 60-66 C10 until I stumbled on this design. The elegance, curves, headlights, hood... I just fell in love. My problem just seems to be finding one. These things are rare. My budget is in the $5000 range for the truck and I'm wondering what you guys think I could get for that amount. I could also use some help with sites for listings of old trucks. I have searched all of craigslist in the southeast, HAMB, stovebolt, ebay, autotrader classics and haven't found much closeby. Anyone else have hiding spots they check regularly?

Does anyone have any experience shipping trucks across the country? Should I fly out to look at it first? How much does it cost to ship across a few states?

Sorry for the long message, but I have exhausted my internet searching abilities. I currently reside in the Tampa Bay area of Florida.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Gator Alum is offline   Reply With Quote