The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-12-2004, 09:49 PM   #1
1969 GMC

Post what did you do this weekend?

This weekend, I was bummed that I didn't get to go to the Ohio board meet. But it was ok, I had to work friday night, most of saturday, and most of today, oh and fix my car . This is what happens when a rusty 16 year old brake line in a 16 year old Buick meets a sudden 25 mph stop for a teenage girl on her cell phone who decided not to move when the light turned green
BEFORE:

PIC 2: AFTER - car was driveable and not badly damaged, but it wasnt driveable at night. Body shop quote = $967

PIC 3: junkyard find...grille from an '86 LeSabre with sealed lamp headlights. @ $64 for everything pictured, a tad better than the body shop. did i mention that all 4 headlights even worked?

PIC 4: 4 hours of work later(yes 4 hours, i HATE torx bits with the passion of 1,000 fiery suns )

So how was your weekend? hope it was more fun that mine (Thanks to N2TRUX for the idea )
Attached Images

Last edited by 1969 GMC; 09-12-2004 at 09:53 PM.
1969 GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 09:55 PM   #2
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969 GMC
......So how was your weekend? hope it was more fun that mine (Thanks to N2TRUX for the idea )
It looks like you got a lot done, but not much that was truck related. I appreciate you giving me props for the "What did you get done" feature, but I can't take credit for the idea. It was actually started by TXfirefighter on the 67-72 forum quite some time ago. I just copied it in the 73-87 forum to keep things interesting....

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 10:00 PM   #3
1969 GMC

well i knew it wasnt truck related, but i was sad that i missed the Ohio meet...and if you look in pic 2, you can see the tailgate of my truck!
Old 09-12-2004, 10:03 PM   #4
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

heh heh heh some one has to say it...
I went to THE OHIO BOARD MEET!
Bummer bout the car, is the cell phone girl writing you a check by chance? From your description, she caused the accident by not paying attention. Ohio law says nothing about cell phone use, however, distracted driving is illegal.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 10:10 PM   #5
1969 GMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man
heh heh heh some one has to say it...
I went to THE OHIO BOARD MEET!
Bummer bout the car, is the cell phone girl writing you a check by chance? From your description, she caused the accident by not paying attention. Ohio law says nothing about cell phone use, however, distracted driving is illegal.
No

I got a ticket for failure to maintain assured clear distance. She put the cell phone away, I mentioned it to the officer, but he was more interested in hitting on the girl (well, she was hot...lol). He also didn't want to hear about the fact that my brakes were out. "officer, if my brakes are OK then why is the brake idiot light on the dash lit up all the time?"
"cars do that alot when you they are involved in accidents."
"if the brakes are ok why does my pedal go to the floorboard and doesn't do anything?"
"was it like that before? drive forward a couple feet then stop."
so i did, and it stopped in about 6 feet.
"you're fine, son."
And of course, my AAA family plan is used up (thanks to dad's Ford).

EDIT: if bandwidth is of concern, I deleted a bunch of residual attachments from my user cp. sorry
Old 09-12-2004, 10:21 PM   #6
cdowns

sorry folks but i really think they should pass a federal law about cellphone use in cars it just seems to be so out of control!!!

anyway this weekend i spent time on the roof and in the yard repairing hurricane damage,the rest of the weekend i was in dealerships testing and pricing new(04) cars and trucks--- found out that most dealers in this area really don't want you're business if you have cash to buy a vehicle they want and almost insist that you purchase it on the old GMAC payment plan,so that turned out to be a big headache for most of the weekend. i've pretty much decided on a 2wd silverado extended cab so it's down to 3dealers as to who gives me a price
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
cdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 10:30 PM   #7
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdowns
sorry folks but i really think they should pass a federal law about cellphone use in cars it just seems to be so out of control!!!
Bummer is, studies have been released that with the exception of trying to dial the phone, you aare JUST as likely to have an accident from talking to some one in the car, as you are talking on a cell.

I have to use a cell all the time in traffic. If I have to dial, and I can't just hit redial, I pull over 99% of the time. (No..not ALWAYS) If I have to take notes, i pull over. if in heavy traffic or emergency evasive manuver, I drop the phone or throw it at the dash or don't answer it. I know there are plenty of ppl who are able to do it and maintain perfect control.

It's just like the laws about not using your cell when you gas up.
Show me proof of ONE gas station that blew up or had a fire from cell phone use while fueling.
It never happened.
*ramble mode off*
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 10:43 PM   #8
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

Truck related??? Let's see....I drove every vehicle I own, this weekend. Pulled a trailer loaded with lumber for daughter/son-in-law's deck; bought a new headlight bulb for the '69; filled up the Celica and the Tundra; put 10 gallons in the '69 (I need to replace the gas tank filler pipe; strained my back on a railroad tie; watched baby girl's hubby's grandfather move their old mobile home with his 70 horsepower Allis Chalmers tractor, to make way for their new 16x80 mobile home (yeah, we live in Arkansas). Bought groceries with the first paycheck of the new school year and had money left over!! I needed to mow/edge/weedeat, but driving takes priority over working in the yard. Oh, began fixing the door to the deck.....dang squirrel has been chewing the weatherstrip from the sill plate and off of the bottom of the french door. Found out that ground red pepper (cayenne) is supposed to repel them.....will let you know if it works....the little ESSO Bee's...

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 10:55 PM   #9
ChevyDude

I put more pieces of the puzzel together...installed rear view mirror, dome light, completed the Xtreme DynaMat install. Removed the in cab gas bomb...readying for the fuel cell install. Also applyed the White letters to my tail gate (that is a reflection of the front yard tree on the left). Piece by piece she's coming along!

1971 Lil' Red 350 SBC 700R4

Last edited by ChevyDude; 09-12-2004 at 10:59 PM.
ChevyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 10:59 PM   #10
lock
Insert funny comment.

I got nothing done. a Little grinding trying to get my motor to fit and thats it. Next weekend is a wash too as Ill be at the autofair.

-My Build Thread...

-68 C10, LT1 - Undergoing Frame off resto
-86 IROC-Z T72 turbo 355, M6
-70 Camaro

http://www.iroc-ss.com
lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 11:04 PM   #11
rage'nrat638
Account Suspended

Here's What I Started With.....
And Whats Left Now..... :d

Last edited by rage'nrat638; 07-12-2007 at 07:05 AM.
rage'nrat638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 12:56 AM   #12
mcmlxix
Collector of Projects

I want to go with vintage air so I pulled the heater assembly out. (along witht he semi rusted inner wheel well)... Went to Home Depot to get a piece of metal to have welded in the holes .. * What gauge metal should be use to smooth the fire wall?? I think I got a piece of 22 gauge.
I also finally installed the front sway bar. What a night and day difference! I used the big one from a 3/4 ton late 80's burb and the poly bushing kit with the lowered brackets from ECE....

D60 BIG BRAKE UPGRADE Click HERE
mcmlxix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 09:18 AM   #13
Lippyp
English Chevy Owner

As Saturday was my birthday I didn't get anything constructive done this weekend, went out for the day on saturday, visited a little motor museum that has cars from the movies and TV, has the Back to the future Delorean, the original James Bond Aston Martin DB5, a General Lee, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, the original Mad Max Falcon, a Kitt from Knight Rider, the original Herbie from Herbie goes Bananas, the Munsters Koach, the original TV series Batmobile, a modern film Batmobile, Harry Potters Ford Anglia, Laurel and Hardys Model T Ford, some UK TV cars including a very dodgy yellow Reliant Regal three wheeler van from Peckham and Mr Beans Mini. Very interesting. They were considering bidding on the T3 truck that was mentioned on here recently but apparently it's already sold. Had some food, drank some beer,

Sunday, bought some chairs for the dining room, gave the wifes Cherokee a final wash and polish before a prospective buyer came around and finally sold it after two months of trying and had some visitors with more presents for me!

All in all not a bad weekend!

'67 C10 long fleet.
350/TH350, 4 bbl Carter, K&N, Dual exhaust, loads of stuff coming soon

2001 S10 Blazer Daily Driver, bone stock 4 door 4x4 with manual transmission
Lippyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 10:56 AM   #14
Rusty Rider

I waited on the father-in-law to come give me an houre ride to pick up a truck bed.I spent saterday tring to set up a time for all involved to be where we need to be and on sunday like clock work no father-in-law. He has a f*rd any ways.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:38 AM   #15
Blue Beard

Glad it wasn't the truck, more thankful you didn't get hurt (other than the citation)
1956 Chev Bel Air
1977 Blazer 2WD For Sale $3000.00
1978 Blazer 2WD For Sale $7000.00
1978 Silverado
2005 Monte Carlo
Blue Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 07:32 PM   #16
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

Bought a new f#$d expidition for the wife and a new cherry rust free bed for my 72

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 07:53 PM   #17
Bigdog257

Cdowns try the fax attack by Fighting chance.com. How much damadge did you have? I was boarding up for Ivan. It's been hell down here this year.
Bigdog257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 10:21 PM   #18
pritch

I have been collecting a little bit of scrap aluminum from my work all summer, and then a couple weeks ago I got a few thousand feet of 1" thick aluminum cable given to me. It took a couple weeks to strip all the insulation off of it. I hoped I had at least $500.00 worth, so I could get a new compresser for my shop. I got down to the salvage yard and couldn't believe it-2300 pounds!! At .55 cents per, that came to $1260.00. I have a really nice new 80 gallon compresser now, and enough left over for some air tools.
Wasn't all good, though. I drove my Panel over to Home Depot for some pipe parts and got a flat on the way home.
Ol' Green
pritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 08:54 AM   #19
TEXAS 68
Vortec in the works

I rebuilt my door hinges and trail fit the doors on my cab(still fighting that) and went to a local swap meet

68 Project

68 SWB frame off/98 Vortec with stock FI/power everything.
95 ECLB 2500 with 346,000 on the clock(the original HD)
99 Lesabre-wifes ride
08 Crew Cab LTZ-All Mine
89 SWB 5/7 drop-Son's first ride.
TEXAS 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 10:26 AM   #20
Stryker67

"rusty'

I spent a few hours taking rusty apart. Actually finished pulling the whole bed apart last night. It's gonna be quite a puzzle to re-assemble. Had to order new springs and u-bolts. Rusty will need the entire floor replaced and extensive work on the pass. side bed. I love a challenge.
Attached Images

The world needs ditch-diggers too.
Stryker67 is offline   Reply With Quote