The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-10-2016, 07:06 PM   #1
In The Ten Ring

Reproduction dash bezels. Any good?

1). Can you buy a reproduction dash bezel? (Not all the gauges with it, just the bezel).

2). Do those fit the OEM 7 gauge clusters well?
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 07:14 PM   #2
Ironhorse

Re: Reproduction dash bezels. Any good?

I purchased a new replacement (after market, not GM) several years ago from Classic Industries in Oklahoma City, Ok. Did this when I installed my factory tach and NOS printed circuit. Fit like a glove. Laid both the old bezel and new re-pop along side each other on the work bench and transferred pieces from old to the new with no problem at all. Couldn't really tell the new one was not a GM bezel other than did not have the GM parts sticker on it as the original did. Not sure about today's offerings, maybe some one with a more current experience will chime in. So much nicer than my old beat up original, this was on the 7 hole panel set up.
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 07:28 PM   #3
In The Ten Ring

Well that is motivating, thanks.

Anyone else with more current info?
Old 12-10-2016, 08:21 PM   #4
firedemon

I did mine last winter from classic industries fit perfect new lens too looks excellent
firedemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 08:48 PM   #5
In The Ten Ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedemon View Post
I did mine last winter from classic industries fit perfect new lens too looks excellent
OK! Thank you! It may be cost efficient to just get a reproduced bezel rather than hiring someone to restore one.
Old 12-10-2016, 11:11 PM   #6
custom10nut

I just replaced mine last month. The last one I replaced lasted about 15 years, before I got around to changing it. I think all of them are about the same as far as fit. Mine have both fit great.
One thing I will advise is that you protect it from prolonged sun and heat exposure. They are what fades the chrome "plated" border.
custom10nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 11:18 PM   #7
In The Ten Ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom10nut View Post
I just replaced mine last month. The last one I replaced lasted about 15 years, before I got around to changing it. I think all of them are about the same as far as fit. Mine have both fit great.
One thing I will advise is that you protect it from prolonged sun and heat exposure. They are what fades the chrome "plated" border.
Thanks man. After I get it running, the truck will stay garaged most of the time (it has BEEN IMPRISONED in a garage since 1994). When parked outside, I think I am going to put white foam board into each window.
Old 12-10-2016, 11:41 PM   #8
davischevy

The new ones fit great.

I just bought some rechromed originals from Mr. G's in Ft Worth, TX.

http://www.mrgusa.com/rechrome/

He is closing down his plastic rechrome operation. I have been using his parts since 1988, and they did some nice work.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 10:48 AM   #9
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
The new ones fit great.

I just bought some rechromed originals from Mr. G's in Ft Worth, TX.

http://www.mrgusa.com/rechrome/

He is closing down his plastic rechrome operation. I have been using his parts since 1988, and they did some nice work.
Hmmm... I wonder if this is wheree Gary Terry got his stuff. I've been buying re-plated OEM plastic interior parts from him since the '80s. I always assumed he did this himself, but would make sense to do all makes once you have that equipment. But, Gary did sign them on the back. Maybe that was to be sure he got his same part back

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 08:37 PM   #10
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Hmmm... I wonder if this is wheree Gary Terry got his stuff. I've been buying re-plated OEM plastic interior parts from him since the '80s. I always assumed he did this himself, but would make sense to do all makes once you have that equipment. But, Gary did sign them on the back. Maybe that was to be sure he got his same part back
He could possibly be using the same metalizer that Mr. G was. Mr. G is quitting the re-chrome business because his metalizer moved or shut down.

I bought a wrecked Cheyenne in the mid eighties and my dad cut the top skin off to get the headliner trim. My dad saved all the tabs. I marked the trim on the back and a friend hand carried It to Ft Worth. Mr. G turned it over, looked at the back and said "I just do these exchange". My friend said "not these" and G laughed.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote