The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-25-2015, 11:06 PM   #1
midnight rambler

Close call

This afternoon im driving home in the 74 stepside after picking up an elliptical for my wife, have my 6 year old in the middle seat belted in with a booster seat, wife is sitting next to the window. Where doing about 5 mph under the speed limit 2 lanes each direction, i have the right away when a prius pulls out from a side street the guy actually panics and stops, im on the brakes theres white smoke coming off the tires, at least the truck is stopping in a straight line, at the last second the old guy gives a smirky look then guns out into the intersection, came with in 3 feet of hitting him. just thankfull no one was coming from the other direction. Glad i have willwood discs on the front. told the wife im getting a dash cam thelook on that guys face was pricless.
midnight rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 11:16 PM   #2
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Re: Close call

we aren't suppoused to bash but when I see a prius I automatically know its someone with higher education and absolutely no common sense.. I drive accordingly glad no one was hurt

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 11:22 PM   #3
CBR_Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post
told the wife im getting a dash cam thelook on that guys face was pricless.
After having the insurance companies hose us in a couple accidents last year I bought a dash cam for each vehicle. Have lots of footage of idiots driving. I'm waiting to see if they will end up saving money and hassle dealing with the insurance companies.
CBR_Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 11:40 AM   #4
Bigstevex4

When those started apearing had an 02 gmc with 8.1 was gasing up on other side guy had 1. I asked does that get good milage? So of corse get the milage down to tenth.
Told him man am i glad your saving all that gas because i need every drop get 11 hwy and 7 around town. sure had a disgusted look on his face. Glad you and fam is are ok!
Bigstevex4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 12:35 PM   #5
Gaelon

I too have had a couple of unfortunate experiences with fellow drivers which have resulted in prolonged and inhospitable interactions with their insurance carriers. My solution was to mount my phone to the windshield and record my commute. I started by recording with the phone's camera but incoming phone calls and some audio apps would turn the camera off. I searched for a dashcam app and began testing. There are several choices for Android and IPhones in their app stores, I found one I really like.

I am sure increased road volumes and distractions contribute but I am certain the road has become an outlet for competitive personalities. The video recording has helped me remember to control those urges in myself.
Gaelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 01:29 PM   #6
motornut
78K & 79C Jimmys

Glad to hear it was a "just" close
I've got a couple of close calls on the dashcam too.
I'm gona need a "while parked cam"
motornut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:58 AM   #7
cadillac_al

[QUOTE=
I'm gona need a "while parked cam"[/QUOTE]

That's what I need!!! I had 2 cars totalled while they were parked with nobody in them. That's going on my wish list.
77 Chevy K10
cadillac_al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 03:30 AM   #8
andrewmp6

A year ago my next door neighbor had their car totaled parked on the street.A drunk driver plowed in to it hard.
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote