The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-26-2013, 08:38 AM   #1
scotts62
One day...

Duramax gurus??

Well here is the deal if anyone has an idea to throw my way. I am working on an '05 3500 with a Duramax. The truck came in with a missfire and code for #6 injector so i threw one in and it was running fine for a few days then came back running rough again and the guys driving it said they think it got water in it because the fuel cap was off (who knows, real bright ones at work) It was low on fuel so i put about 3 gallons in it with some 911 treatment and parked it outside the door of the shop and let it run, i could hear it out there and it ran for over an hour and i went to test drive it and ran fine. Brought it back and let it run for a while longer and just before lunch i wentt to turn it off when it was already off, temp gauge was tacked out and coolant everywhere.... well turns out that the idler pully locked up and shreaded the belt.. i let it sit for a few days and got back on some other stuff we had going and have been trying to get it to start and it well crank but no starty. replaced fuel filter again, pulled the top off of the fuel tank (has a dump bed on it) and turns out it had almost 5 gallons of water so i cleaned it out and filled with new fuel and still cant get this dude to fire. Pulled the main fuel line to the fuel rail just to see if the high presuure pump was pumping and it was getting fuel out of it but nothing fancy pressure wise but it is diconnected so i didnt expect all that much. It will fire and run on starting fluid but i didnt want to dose it too bad. That is my cluster and if you have an idea id appreciate it.

93 crew cab build
Project 62
scotts62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:20 AM   #2
MadManAndrew

Re: Duramax gurus??

Dieselplace.com is my Duramax forum of choice. You should try posting this over there. I'm just gonna throw out there that this thing is probably going to need extensive repair work.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-26-2013, 09:27 AM   #3
scotts62
One day...

Ya just found that a bit ago but figured i would try here to see. Yep its looking that way..

93 crew cab build
Project 62
Old 03-26-2013, 09:14 PM   #4
lowridergmc

ok here is how i would diag this one.scan rail pressure data while cranking.will need 12-15 mpa before it will start.start by capping off the fuel rail one injector at at time while cranking and checking rail pressure after each one.you may have one or many injectors stuck dropping your rail pressure or your pump may not be able produce enough pressure.i have had some luck by disconnecting the fuel pressure regulator which causes max line pressure to get stuck injectors to fire.
lowridergmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:51 AM   #5
scotts62
One day...

I will give that a shot now and check back in, thanks

93 crew cab build
Project 62