The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2013, 01:04 AM   #1
cortcomp

66 SPID sticker language - share and learn!

During my brief research of RPO and SPID codes i've found that, although the list of option codes (and what you could get them on) is available, you need an original sticker example in order to put the right description.

Also, a lot of original stickers have letters after them, and the paint code, and i haven't found ANYTHING on what they mean. Like lets say option "laser beam" was option "G99" in the RPO list. On the decal it may say "FG99AA" "Laser Weapons System" and the paint code may be "910" but the sticker shows "910AF". If anyone knows what those letters may mean, throw it in.

There is a lot of examples of SPID stickers here, and i've PM'd a lot of you this last week asking questions, in order to properly list all the options my truck had (and is getting) in the glove box. To me, stickers are the best part of a restoration (Decals in the engine bay, etc) and i collect and save them until the car is "done", and it's a happy day when the car is done and clean and i get to put them on. They really make a restore job "pop". So, i think this is good info to have, because it seems lost for the '66s, but the 67 and later seems fairly well documented.

I have posted codes here (the base codes, not the extra letters, you can find them in the pics below if you wish to see examples of the extra letters) and the text that goes with it for those of you who may find it useful. If you have an original sticker or one copied exactly from an original sticker, please post it. If you have an option code and its correct text, please post away. If you want to know what an option is, (like hydraulic brakes, that's power vacuum brakes), ask, or look it up in the code manual.

Also, some options "include" another. Like i think A/C includes HD radiator. It'd be nice to be clear if HD radiator would be on the SPID or would it be omitted because the A/C code implies it? (seems the later would be the case), but option L30 327, requires option F60, hd front springs...and one tag shows both.

Here's what i found today:

V74 - HAZARD WARNING SWITCH
N01 - 21 GAL GAS TANK
B98 - SIDE TRIM MOLD EQ
F60 - HD FRONT SPRING
L30 - 327 CU. IN. V-8 ENG
Z81 - CAMPER SPECIAL EQ
K24 - CLOSED ENG POS VENT
Z53 - AMMETER-OIL GAUGE
J70 - HYDRAULIC BRAKE
M49 - 3 SPD AUTO TRANS
T60 - HEAVY DUTY BATTERY
Z20 - ENGINE CONVERSION
Z52 - FOAM SEAT
D32 - R/V MIRROR RH
G50 - HEAVY REAR SPRING
L32 - 283 CU. IN. V-8 ENG
U60 - MANUAL RADIO
A94 - SAFETY DOOR LOCK
A10 - PANORAMIC CAB
M35 - POWERGLIDE TRANS
G60 - AUXILIARY SPRING EQ
C60 - 4 SEASON AIR COND
V37 - CHROME-BUMPER FRT
Z62 - CUSTOM GROUP
Z62 - CUSTOM C&C EQUIP
K48 - OIL BATH AIR CLEANER
A11 - TINTED GLASS
A11 - TINTED GLASS ALL
Z61 - CUSTOM GROUP
Z61 - CUSTOM APPEAR INCL
Z53 - AMMETER
C42 - DELUXE HEATER
C42 - DELUXE AIR HEATER
F76 - FRONT WHEEL LOCK HUBS
M20 - 4 SPD TRANSMISSION
N40 - POWER STEERING
D29 - R V JR MIRROR RH&LH
DECAL - DECAL
V01 - HEAVY DUTY RADIATOR

Link to info packet for '66 which has more detail about options (descriptions, options required, what series you could get them one, etc.)

http://www.gmheritagecenter.com/docs...olet-Truck.pdf

Thanks OEM4ME and GM Heritage, for the link.

Last edited by cortcomp; 01-26-2013 at 11:02 AM. Reason: add link, typo
cortcomp is offline   Reply With Quote