The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-10-2015, 12:35 PM   #1
DC43

65 c10 porterbuilt inner frame stiffner tko600 help

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone has ran a porterbuilt inner frame stiffner with a tko600 transmission? I've spoke with dave about it and he said gas monkey garage ran one with there pikes peak build but they had to do modifications to it to get it to work with the t56 they used but wasn't exactly sure what they did. I know the t56 is slightly bigger than the tko so I'm wondering if it would still require modification and what that would be. Any light you guys could shine would really help. Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by DC43; 06-10-2015 at 12:51 PM.
DC43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 04:26 PM   #2
bmacneal

Re: 65 c10 porterbuilt inner frame stiffner tko600 help

why not just call them?

GAS MONKEY GARAGE
2330 MERRELL ROAD
DALLAS, TX 75229

INFO@GASMONKEYGARAGE.COM

HOURS:

9-6 MONDAY – FRIDAY

9-5 SATURDAYS

11-5 SUNDAYS
bmacneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 04:45 PM   #3
DC43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmacneal View Post
why not just call them?

GAS MONKEY GARAGE
2330 MERRELL ROAD
DALLAS, TX 75229

INFO@GASMONKEYGARAGE.COM

HOURS:

9-6 MONDAY – FRIDAY

9-5 SATURDAYS

11-5 SUNDAYS
I've already tried but haven't heard back from them yet. Not 100% sure I ever will hear back so I thought I'd ask here before I place my order with PB.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-11-2015, 11:39 AM   #4
wayno

I just saw that frame stiffener on their site and was drooling over it - I have porterbuilt front to back and am running a tko 600 transmission on a 64 stepside - might be able to help with some measurements if you don't get any other responses... the tko is super lightweight and not that wide in the last 2 feet of the tranny so I would think you'd be just fine - looks like that mid section of their stiffener should give you some flexibility- let me know if I can help in any way.

-Wayne
Old 06-11-2015, 11:40 AM   #5
wayno

ps - should make exhaust routing a TON easier with that set up - the rear transmission cross member just gets in the way middle of the frame if you are going low.
Old 06-11-2015, 01:53 PM   #6
DC43

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayno View Post
I just saw that frame stiffener on their site and was drooling over it - I have porterbuilt front to back and am running a tko 600 transmission on a 64 stepside - might be able to help with some measurements if you don't get any other responses... the tko is super lightweight and not that wide in the last 2 feet of the tranny so I would think you'd be just fine - looks like that mid section of their stiffener should give you some flexibility- let me know if I can help in any way.

-Wayne
Thanks for the reply Wayne. Yeah the stiffner is a def a nice piece. I was planning on boxing my frame and doing an x brace but I like the idea of not putting all that heat into the frame. Gonna probably just order it and Hope to not have to cut it up too much. How are you liking your tko? What shifter location are you running with yours? From what I understand these trucks like the mid shift location.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-11-2015, 02:08 PM   #7
wayno

I'll let you know if I ever get this thing to the road... lol...just finishing up the hydraulic clutch setup - thought I could get away with the original linkage - so I lost of bit of time screwing around there.

yeah - definitely mid position - I'm told they no longer make the front location anymore - you can see it here in my build thread on page 3 - comes out pretty nice with the mid location.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=560955&page=3

Good luck with that frame stiffener... make sure you update this with some pictures when you get it in.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:26 PM   #8
DC43

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayno View Post
I'll let you know if I ever get this thing to the road... lol...just finishing up the hydraulic clutch setup - thought I could get away with the original linkage - so I lost of bit of time screwing around there.

yeah - definitely mid position - I'm told they no longer make the front location anymore - you can see it here in my build thread on page 3 - comes out pretty nice with the mid location.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=560955&page=3

Good luck with that frame stiffener... make sure you update this with some pictures when you get it in.
I'll def get some pictures up when I get it all dialed. Can't believe I haven't seen your thread yet thought I've seen them all lol. I'll have to check it out after work. Thanks for the help