The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-16-2008, 12:40 PM   #1
Musclerodz

Intrest in my K5 project?

I considering putting up my K5 project for sale. I don't see getting back to it very soon due to the number of other projects going on at the shop. First of all I WILL NOT part this truck out. If it does sale it will be all together or it will stay in the corner and just wait. I have some pics, but not the best in detail. Here is a quick run down:

Tub is rust free and ready final prime and color. THe only thing I still have planned to do is replace the back half of the floor because it is not flat. It is not rusted and could be left alone if desired, but I am very picky. I do have the Tri-Plus rear floor half to install. Firewall has been smoothed, dash is uncut, repair pics are in the Blazer forum somewhere.

I have all new front sheetmetal except for a hood. I have several used hoods to pick from. Doors are GM pickup and perfect, all trim holes welded up, tailgate is GM and rust free with trim holes welded up. Grill was NOS when installed mid 90's with one very small dent. I have new front and rear bumpers as well.

Frame and suspension is assembled and powdercoated gloss black, Out back is 3.73 posi all rebuilt. I built custom 4" lift flip shackles, zero rate axle relocators, 2" lift springs up front, ORD greasable shackle bushings. I have modified the rear axle to accept '03 Burb 13" rear disc brakes and are included. Up front is 3.73 posi rebuilt. I have not upgraded the front brakes yet. I have a new late model EFI K5 gas tank that will need some modification to install.

Motor is a fully built '95 Z/28 LT-1, should put out 375-400 flywheel HP. All it needs to be ready to go is a 52mm throttle body, wiring harness and ecm. Tranny is a 4L80 2wd unit with all the parts to convert to 4wd including the Advance Adpaters t/c case adapter. Tranny is in good condition disassembled ready to go back together. The 205 t/c case has been completely rebuilt and ready to install.

Bling goodies for the truck include our billet tail light bezels, sequential led tail lights, Hubbard billet dash panel and glove box. I have the wheels picked out, but only have one for it. Have not got around to buying the other 3 since making up my mind.

As I said before, I WILL NOT part this truck out. I have close $20K in this truck, I would quick sell it for $12,500. If it doesn't sell, I will eventually get back it.
Attached Images

Old 09-16-2008, 12:42 PM   #2
Musclerodz

Re: Intrest in my K5 project?

more pics
Attached Images

Old 09-16-2008, 04:45 PM   #3
Jtrux
I'm a poor spectator

Looks good, good luck.

1993 Chevy 2500 4x4 ExCab LWB 454/NV4500 Tow rig

1977 Ford F100 2x4 LWB 1st truck I owned, still have it!!!

1979 Ford F150 4x4 SWB Built Ford Tough!!!

1971 Chevy Blazer 350 / SM465 / NP205 UNDER CONSTRUCTION Soon to have a LQ4 6.0!!!
Jtrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:51 PM   #4
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

Tow Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote