The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2005, 09:42 PM   #1
lowrider79

1969 Step Side Pictures

I am just about finished with this build. I started on May 17th this year. I completely stripped the truck built a new 383 stroker and 700 R4 transmission. I changed the axle with a 1972 5 bolt pattern 3.73 posi and put the disc brakes on the front. The suspension and steering componets are new as well as the interior, brakes, wheels and tires. I had the rear wheels special made. The chassis is sandblasted, POR15 and topcoated. The brake lines and fuel lines are painted orange. The orange paint is a special mix. The truck did not have A/C so I added it and cut the original deflectors into the dash. The windows are now power and the doors open by remote control. My 14 year old son and I did almost all of the work ourselves. The underside of the truck is as nice as the top. This will be a daily driver as I'm not into trailer queens.
Attached Images

lowrider79 is offline   Reply With Quote