The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2006, 01:46 PM   #1
FARMTRUCK

Need advice-looking at project truck

Hi guys-I am a former board member and have been away for a while as I spent several years restoring a 1971 Z-28. That car is now gone and I am looking at possibly getting back into the truck world. I know of a 1968 swb stepside that is for sale and would like some input about how much it's worth. The skinny is that t is completely in pieces, to the point that the frame is hanging on a wall. The owner has already media blasted and por15'd the frame, and also has been notched for extra lowering. (I would'n't actually care about that, I'd go 2 & 3 with spindles & springs.) The truck would need no sheet metal work at all. The cab, bed and front clip are rock solid. Bed wood is solid, just needs planing & refinishing. Strips and cross sills are all perfect. No seat, or drivetrain would be included. That's fine for me as I want to do a 350 with AFR heads, blah, blah blah, and a TKO-600 trans. The rearend I think I could find here in new England, or worst case go with a Mosier unit. The hard part is to assign a dollar value to this truck. It needs stripping and boarding for sure before paint, as well as some fairly major purchases to complete. (Drivetrain, seats, trailing arms, other misc stuff) The thing is, to find any rust free truck in Maine is a rare thing, so that is worth something. What do you think this is worth?
Looks like GMCPAULS will have some more business from me again soon....J.R.

P.S. Here are a few pics of my first truck, aka FARMTRUCK
Name:  Rear Under.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  35.4 KB

Name:  RF Engine.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  35.3 KB

Name:  RS View.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  36.9 KB

Last edited by FARMTRUCK; 04-02-2006 at 02:16 PM.
FARMTRUCK is offline   Reply With Quote