The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-03-2008, 01:06 PM   #1
FrankHoy

Patch Panel parts source?

Does anyone know who carries these patch panels?:

lower rear cab center (cab corners do not cover this center section)

Rear floor panels (THis would be for the floor section against the back wall. No patch panels I have found cover the center rear of cab floor, only complete floors)

Tailgate lower section cap/replacement patch panel (this looks like a U and replaces the lower 6" to 9" of the tailgate where they typically rust out. I know I have seen these offered before but can not find them at any vendor.)

Thanks for any help.
00 Blazer
FrankHoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 04:43 PM   #2
lks dcvn

Re: Patch Panel parts source?

lower rear cab center (cab corners do not cover this center section) - not reproduced - you will need to fab them up or find the metal from a donor cab

Rear floor panels (THis would be for the floor section against the back wall. No patch panels I have found cover the center rear of cab floor, only complete floors) Same deal - I got some patch panels cut out of an AZ truck that was being parted - unless you want to fab them out of steel

Tailgate lower section cap/replacement patch panel (this looks like a U and replaces the lower 6" to 9" of the tailgate where they typically rust out. I know I have seen these offered before but can not find them at any vendor.) I have never seen these - that doesn't mean they don't exist - just have never seen them. May need to fab these up as well

Hopefully someone else will chime in about the last one...good luck.
lks dcvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 05:00 PM   #3
FrankHoy

Thanks for the comments.

The floor is not as critical, as I could fab that fairly easily, just was hoping someone might offer a patch panel that would have the little hump and pre-drilled seat belt bolt holes, etc. I need a patch strip about 8"-10" wide along the back wall.

Back wall I can patch in if need be but again was hoping to find a panel that would have the indented areas already preformed. My wall mainly has a rust strip line, where the floor welds to the back wall.

Wish I could remember where I saw the tailgate panel. May have been at a swap meet vendor, but I do remember it was a new part and not a cut out from a used tailgate.
00 Blazer
FrankHoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 07:14 PM   #4
special-K
Special Order

What most body guys do is buy the big piece and cut what they need.Or,cut it from a donor.The tailgate?Bolt another one on and toss yours.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote