The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-25-2015, 02:04 AM   #1
12secondnova

Just bought this 70 c10 is this rare?

Hi everyone. So I FINALLY bought a 67-72 chevy! I am officially part of the club now! Anyways I picked up this c10 and I'm kinda wondering if this is a rare color combo.

Its white with red interior. I had never seen one with red interior irl but I think it looks pretty good. I was also wondering if there is anyone who reproduces the red rubber floor mat? The passenger side is in good shape but the driver side is coming apart.

Last edited by 12secondnova; 05-25-2015 at 02:10 AM.
12secondnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 02:26 AM   #2
jocko

Re: Just bought this 70 c10 is this rare?

Welcome! Congrats on the nice truck. I'm not so sure that I'd call it rare (as in a Cheyenne Super swb 402 with all the goodies rare), but, the again, it is a combo that I don't see very often (so, I guess it is kinda rare to me). And it's one of my favorites. Harkens back to the early 60's bel airs. With a red custom cloth seat, it would look VERY nice. Congrats - good looking truck. What are your plans with it?
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 03:41 AM   #3
In The Ten Ring

I have no idea as to rarity but I am going to brag on your truck a bit.

1). LWB. You get to carry more load!
2). Bench seat.....great for dates.
3). Positive traction....that just rocks.
4). Tool box under the bed. I wish my stepside had that.
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 07:22 AM   #4
special-K
Special Order

It's a color combo anyone could select, yet I guess we don't see it much, other than former fire equipment. It's a nice combination of options that it came with. What you have is the mid-level "Custom" (emblems) trim package, or Custom Comfort & Convenience RPO

I don't believe even the black mat offered is an actual reproduction (same pattern). I've never used one, so someone correct me if I'm wrong. definitely no colored mats offered and, from what I've read here, the repro floor covers are poor quality and get cracks in short time.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 10:44 AM   #5
cooperhw

Cool score on the truck for sure.

As to rare, back then if they only sold 600 of something it was because they "could not sell 601".
So if not many got sold it was because nobody would buy one. The dealers might get one, but if they sold more and quicker another color they didn't ask for any more of the one that sat on the lot.

Not being mean or slighting the truck in any way. I dig it, but would probably paint it a color that spoke to ME.
But it's your truck, do what you want.
cooperhw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 12:19 PM   #6
ho70

I am not a white truck fan, but white with red interior rocks, and I have seen white trucks like ours that are the nicest I have ever seen. Tool box in bed panel is not a common occurance. Here is a nice white one another board member just bought and it is cool
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=671549
ho70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 02:13 PM   #7
57larry

congrats on the truck. enjoy it
57larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 05:39 PM   #8
12secondnova

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
Welcome! Congrats on the nice truck. I'm not so sure that I'd call it rare (as in a Cheyenne Super swb 402 with all the goodies rare), but, the again, it is a combo that I don't see very often (so, I guess it is kinda rare to me). And it's one of my favorites. Harkens back to the early 60's bel airs. With a red custom cloth seat, it would look VERY nice. Congrats - good looking truck. What are your plans with it?
If the seat it has now wasnt so dang comfortable i would want to put the cloth cover back in! For now i just want to clean it up and get it halfway dependable. I either want to make it into a swb or lb 4wd. The 2wd longbeds just arent my favorite but its starting to grow on me! Lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-25-2015, 05:43 PM   #9
12secondnova

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
It's a color combo anyone could select, yet I guess we don't see it much, other than former fire equipment. It's a nice combination of options that it came with. What you have is the mid-level "Custom" (emblems) trim package, or Custom Comfort & Convenience RPO

I don't believe even the black mat offered is an actual reproduction (same pattern). I've never used one, so someone correct me if I'm wrong. definitely no colored mats offered and, from what I've read here, the repro floor covers are poor quality and get cracks in short time.
Thanks for the info on the mat! I think I might try and save as much of the original mat as i can, and then buy a reproduction, dye it, and splice it in were it needs it on the drivers side. Might not look the best but i think it would look better than it does now. What do you think of that idea?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-25-2015, 05:45 PM   #10
12secondnova

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperhw View Post
Cool score on the truck for sure.

As to rare, back then if they only sold 600 of something it was because they "could not sell 601".
So if not many got sold it was because nobody would buy one. The dealers might get one, but if they sold more and quicker another color they didn't ask for any more of the one that sat on the lot.

Not being mean or slighting the truck in any way. I dig it, but would probably paint it a color that spoke to ME.
But it's your truck, do what you want.
No offence taken man! I didnt really like all white trucks that much but this ones growing on me.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-25-2015, 05:48 PM   #11
12secondnova

Quote:
Originally Posted by ho70 View Post
I am not a white truck fan, but white with red interior rocks, and I have seen white trucks like ours that are the nicest I have ever seen. Tool box in bed panel is not a common occurance. Here is a nice white one another board member just bought and it is cool
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=671549
That truck is REALLY nice. I really like the red interior in mine too. I probably wouldn't like it as much as i do with black interior!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-25-2015, 05:50 PM   #12
12secondnova

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57larry View Post
congrats on the truck. enjoy it
Thank you! And i will!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-25-2015, 10:09 PM   #13
special-K
Special Order

On the rubber floor cover, I would try to talk with others who have used the reproduction one. Maybe it's not so bad. Since I posted, I saw that member Slomotion used a repro in his sweet flatbed, and I know he did that truck going on 10 years ago

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote