The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-07-2016, 09:20 AM   #1
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Decent No Reserve Starter Truck on Ebay

I see lots of posts where members are looking for a truck and can't seem to find what they want at a reasonable price. I know a lot of folks don't want to travel to get a truck but that is part of the fun and adventure of getting and owning a truck. I saw this on Ebay and yes it has some sins but from what I see nothing serious and its priced very reasonably with no reserve.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-C-...m=331747660591

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 10:47 AM   #2
68bowtie

Re: Decent No Reserve Starter Truck on Ebay

nice one

Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh) SOLD
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh) SOLD
68bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 10:51 AM   #3
cooperhw

Yep. solid looking place to start.
cooperhw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 10:55 AM   #4
XwalkerX

that truck just needs a little TLC and elbow grease and it will look great
XwalkerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 11:14 AM   #5

Agree. The hunt is the fun part...then ya drag it home and you have "work", if you want to call it that. I bought the twin last Saturday to the ebay truck that "Already Gone" shared w/us. What I really enjoy the most about these trucks...it's not the value....money is meaningless to me, but the fact that I have saved one and more often than not, saved a family heirloom. The pic shows the brother of the original owner and the owner's 2 grandsons (I'm on the far right) who all "checked me out" to make sure I was the right guy to get granddad's old truck. They had tears in their eyes when I drove away.......ya can't put a price on that.
Attached Images

73737373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 11:56 AM   #6
Voodoo556

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73737373 View Post
Agree. The hunt is the fun part...then ya drag it home and you have "work", if you want to call it that. I bought the twin last Saturday to the ebay truck that "Already Gone" shared w/us. What I really enjoy the most about these trucks...it's not the value....money is meaningless to me, but the fact that I have saved one and more often than not, saved a family heirloom. The pic shows the brother of the original owner and the owner's 2 grandsons (I'm on the far right) who all "checked me out" to make sure I was the right guy to get granddad's old truck. They had tears in their eyes when I drove away.......ya can't put a price on that.
Thats awesome, what a great picture!
Voodoo556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 11:59 AM   #7

Yeah, its a great story to be a part of. Makes me feel good that the previous owners feel good.
Old 01-07-2016, 04:13 PM   #8
cooperhw

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73737373 View Post
I agree. I have a little "warm and fuzzy" feeling just knowing I saved or prolonged a vehicle's life. Almost feel the truck loves me for saving it from the crusher. At least in my mind.
cooperhw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 04:21 PM   #9

Not sure what it is, but I know the feeling. I just redid a 1970 GMC that was a "time capsule" truck; original paint, well taken care of, low miles; just a real gem. So took all the trim off, sanded, buffed waxed etc etc and put everything back on. Looks great. All that said, some of the trim pieces were a little dinged up and I had nicer used ones that I could've just easily used to replace the dinged up ones. But then I heard the original trim pieces talking to me..."no, don't put me in the pile of used pieces." "Please, straighten me out and put me back on the truck." Oh yeah...off to the nuthouse I go!!!!!!
Old 01-07-2016, 07:56 PM   #10
Dustmaker65

Found the same truck on Craigslist....

http://shreveport.craigslist.org/cto/5375194093.html
Old 05-09-2016, 10:24 AM   #11
sawyerrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Already Gone View Post
I see lots of posts where members are looking for a truck and can't seem to find what they want at a reasonable price. I know a lot of folks don't want to travel to get a truck but that is part of the fun and adventure of getting and owning a truck.
I wanted to revive this post to ask a general question. Suppose you don't have the means or time to travel? Let's say you're in California and you find a truck in Texas that you like on eBay. You pay for a third party inspection which includes verifying that the VIN on the title matches the truck. You win the auction and pay your deposit with PayPal. How many people would be comfortable to send a check by Fedex and then arrange for the truck to be shipped for you? How much fraud goes on on eBay? I see eBay has some kind of guarantee, is it legitimate? I'm not talking about getting the truck home and then finding out the gas gauge isn't accurate. I'm talking about never seeing the truck and having to track the seller down.
sawyerrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:40 AM   #12
99turbogmc

That is way to much money for a "starter" truck. And a lwb at that....
Maybe if the truck was solid and you were going to leave it like that, but something to put money into? Naa

I'm in Houston, long beds are a dime a dozen.
99turbogmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 04:39 PM   #13
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99turbogmc View Post
That is way to much money for a "starter" truck. And a lwb at that....
Maybe if the truck was solid and you were going to leave it like that, but something to put money into? Naa

I'm in Houston, long beds are a dime a dozen.
I'm in Houston, long beds are a dime a dozen. Maybe in Houston they are but in a lot of places they aren't and what is there isn't worth fixing even if you get the truck for 500.00 Not everyone prefers short beds either.

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

Old 05-09-2016, 04:51 PM   #14
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyerrm View Post
I wanted to revive this post to ask a general question. Suppose you don't have the means or time to travel? Let's say you're in California and you find a truck in Texas that you like on eBay. You pay for a third party inspection which includes verifying that the VIN on the title matches the truck. You win the auction and pay your deposit with PayPal. How many people would be comfortable to send a check by Fedex and then arrange for the truck to be shipped for you? How much fraud goes on on eBay? I see eBay has some kind of guarantee, is it legitimate? I'm not talking about getting the truck home and then finding out the gas gauge isn't accurate. I'm talking about never seeing the truck and having to track the seller down.
Excellent question with no definitive answer. I've bought a couple trucks, one from EBay and one from Craigslist. Each time I did a bank to bank wire transfer and sent a shipper to pick them up. I had no problems with either. I also did it with 2 or 3 Goldwing Motorcycles I bought. Wire transferred the money and sent the shipper to get them. In each case i had multiple phone conversations with the sellers and verified their personal info as much as I could on-line. There was still no guarantee that what I paid for was going to be there when the shipper arrived. If someone has definitive way to answer sawyerrm's question, please post it.