The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-11-2014, 08:04 PM   #1
bhammer

4x4 Model Numbers, where do I find them???

I have two 4x4 SWB frames, they are both needing repair due to front end damage.

I researched in my factory repair manual and it gives dimensions for all the frames in a nice neat chart, however it lists the vehicles by Model number. Since I have 2 vehicles with no discernible model number on the glove box sticker I am not sure how to tell what model number I have. I want to take the frames to the body shop where he can repair the frame to the original specs but he wants/needs the dimensions first. Anyone know how I can tell which model number frame I have? Is there a number on the frame? One is for sure a 115" (I measured) SWB 4x4 frame. Thats all I know now. I'm getting ready to measure the other tonight after I pull the bed off.

Any help would be great... Thanks in advance.

Brian
bhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:38 PM   #2
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: 4x4 Model Numbers, where do I find them???

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhammer View Post
I have two 4x4 SWB frames, they are both needing repair due to front end damage.

I researched in my factory repair manual and it gives dimensions for all the frames in a nice neat chart, however it lists the vehicles by Model number. Since I have 2 vehicles with no discernible model number on the glove box sticker I am not sure how to tell what model number I have. I want to take the frames to the body shop where he can repair the frame to the original specs but he wants/needs the dimensions first. Anyone know how I can tell which model number frame I have? Is there a number on the frame? One is for sure a 115" (I measured) SWB 4x4 frame. Thats all I know now. I'm getting ready to measure the other tonight after I pull the bed off.

Any help would be great... Thanks in advance.

Brian
I’m assuming 67-72 by the wheelbase dimensions given…

A 115” 1/2 ton wheelbase would be a model number *S107**

For example: KS10734 would be a short bed fleetside 4x4 while a CS10734 would be a 2wd short bed fleetside.

*S10703 Cab and chassis
*S10734 Fleetside 6.5” bed
*S10704 Stepside 6.5” bed

A 127” Long wheel base would be *S109**

*S10903 Cab and Chassis
*S10934 Fleetside 8 ft. bed
*S10904 Stepside 8 ft. bed
*S10905 Panel
*S10906 Suburban

¾ tons follow the same sequence but would be *S209**

If both are short bed 4x4s they would both be KS107**.

After 1972 they stopped the nonsense of different model numbers by bed style. Beginning in 1973 they were simply 10703 for SWB and 10903 for LWB 1/2 tons and 20903 for LWB 3/4 tons....30903 for 1 ton... you get the picture. This is still the model designation they use today but with additional numbers for cab style (standard, ext, crew) similar to how they used to designate bed style.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:15 PM   #3
bhammer

Re: 4x4 Model Numbers, where do I find them???

Great! Thank you very much for the feedback. Now I have found the chart in the service manual showing the frame dimensions are for 2wd vehicles. My next problem is finding a diagram or chart showing frame dimensions for 4x4s..... Anyone know where I can find something like that??? Thanks

BRian
bhammer is offline   Reply With Quote