The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2008, 03:55 PM   #1
ajgriffin

Newbie 2 wrenchin -- Looking for a Mentor

Hey everyone! I just recently inherited a 69 Chevy C-10 SB from my Dad who passed away before he was able to finish what he started. He was the ultimate gearhead and did everything short of body work. Well unfortunately I wasn't the best son growing up and although I spent tons of time in the shop with him when he was working.................never did much of the work myself so now I'm stuck with this truck that I have some many ideas for and no idea how to do it.

So I've decided that to pay proper respects to the one who built me I've at least got to put the engine & tranny together for the project. I know its a lot to chew on for a first timer, but I really don't care how long it takes...so long as its me doing the work. I'm paying folks to do all of the paint, suspension & interior work but I've got to do the engine tranny myself.

Are there any folks out in Southern California who have the time to work with a youngster who looking to put together a 454 with a overdrive tranny in a 69 Chevy truck? I live in Carson, CA and am even willing to drop a little scratch for helping me get it right the first time -- I'm sure the Mrs will appreciate me not having to come back to the well.

I've posted some pictures of the truck as is. Ignore the ugly silver on the hood -- my cousin didn't listen to me about the color so its being sprayed again to a much much darker grey. May even take it back to all maroon b/c its not looking as nice and I had originally hoped.
Attached Images

ajgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote