The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-16-2008, 10:33 AM   #1
iffray

93 G20 front suspension on a 69 C10?

ok.. so i picked up my C10 finally and it definately needs some suspension work.. i've heard that you can take the front end off of C trucks up untill 1988 and it's nearly a direct swap to put it on a 1969, save some minor inconvenience and drilling. correct me if i'm wrong, but the G series vans were pretty much unchanged for fifteen years right? does that mean i can swap the front suspension out for my 96 C10? i've got a bead on a cheap G20 with a low mileage 305 (i already have vortec heads for it).. it belongs to a buddy of mine so i know everything is legit.. i don't want to buy it just for the motor (the C10 has a six in it), but if i could use it as a donor truck i'd give him what he's asking for it. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

great forum by the way!

-john
iffray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 11:05 AM   #2
iffray

Re: 93 G20 front suspension on a 69 C10?

thanks to my membership to alldatapro at work, i've found that the upper control arms, steering knuckles and coil springs have all the same part numbers... so i assume those will work.. what about the lower arms, rotors, calipers etc? i also found that most of the steering components are different, but i'm gonna guess that the steering box, while different, should work out of the van for the PU..
iffray is offline   Reply With Quote