The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-17-2010, 09:08 PM   #1
crites_72

Sad Day

went to pick up a motor today at a scrap yard and found this 67 small window half ton stacked on top of a bunch of other junk cars. was a 250 6cyl (still in it) manual. but i still would of loved to of had that small back back glass cab.
Attached Images

Old 03-17-2010, 09:19 PM   #2
72BLUZ

Re: Sad Day

bed looked decent
Old 03-17-2010, 09:29 PM   #3
crites_72

the bed is actually better than what i started with. i did take the 67 horn button while i was there though
Old 03-17-2010, 09:36 PM   #4
tcb-1
Nothing to see here.....

I'd love to have one of those dealer logo rear bumpers!

bet I've been through that yard years ago. I grew up in Poplar Bluff and scoured yards from Springfield east to PB.

if you ever find a straight dealer bumper for a 67-72 from SEMO, pm and I'll be down there in 5 hours!

THANK YOU to our American Soldiers & Veterans - POW MIA "You will NEVER be forgotten".

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson
tcb-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:41 PM   #5
capev86

how would you feel if the truck had been in the family?

my dad bought his 72 bur back in '83 and sold it in november '91. in the summer of '95 my dad an i went junkyard hopping one weekend for fun and an idea for me for a first car. we found my dad's burb 5 minutes drive from my parents house. the last owner had been over in dover, nh, 20 minutes drive from my home town of york, maine and there were plenty of big salvage yards over there, yet somehow it ended up right down the road in eliot where i live (but on the far side of town). it was missing the custom deluxe interior, tilt wheel, tailgate, tailgate, door, tinted glass, etc. turned out the tractor had broken down on the way up the hill to crush it so it must have been by the grace of god i got to see it. it was horrible. i went back soon later and pulled the 8/350, custom/10, and deluxe badges as well as the yankee brand teardrop roof lamps.

the truck has been completely gone for over a dozen years now and my first car ended up being my parent's 86 aries wagon that i still have (another resto project). i bought a 72 burb last spring after my g/f dumped me and my career was taking off. i had vowed always to own a 72 burb. whereas my dad's truck had been a c/d 10, 2wd, tilt, 350, auto, tripod mirrors with mariner blue with white roof and white interior, my truck is a c/d20 2wd, 3 on the tree, 307, sport mirrors, painted hawaiian blue with light blue interior. i will be installing the cab lights after i get them re-chromed, installing flip out stainless towing mirrors, tach and vac gages, etc. my dad put 3/4 ton coils on the back of his truck and ran a dual exhaust. my truck has the stiffer springs (plan to go to the HD coils eventually) and i have a 406sbc to swap in. it is in far better shape now than my dad's truck was back in the day and i'm having fun tweaking my truck and reliving my childhood!
capev86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:47 PM   #6
crites_72

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcb-1 View Post
I'd love to have one of those dealer logo rear bumpers!

bet I've been through that yard years ago. I grew up in Poplar Bluff and scoured yards from Springfield east to PB.

if you ever find a straight dealer bumper for a 67-72 from SEMO, pm and I'll be down there in 5 hours!

Its still there as of 5pm tonight its in mtn. grove mo s and s recycling
Old 03-17-2010, 09:50 PM   #7
crites_72

Quote:
Originally Posted by capev86 View Post
how would you feel if the truck had been in the family?

my dad bought his 72 bur back in '83 and sold it in november '91. in the summer of '95 my dad an i went junkyard hopping one weekend for fun and an idea for me for a first car. we found my dad's burb 5 minutes drive from my parents house. the last owner had been over in dover, nh, 20 minutes drive from my home town of york, maine and there were plenty of big salvage yards over there, yet somehow it ended up right down the road in eliot where i live (but on the far side of town). it was missing the custom deluxe interior, tilt wheel, tailgate, tailgate, door, tinted glass, etc. turned out the tractor had broken down on the way up the hill to crush it so it must have been by the grace of god i got to see it. it was horrible. i went back soon later and pulled the 8/350, custom/10, and deluxe badges as well as the yankee brand teardrop roof lamps.

the truck has been completely gone for over a dozen years now and my first car ended up being my parent's 86 aries wagon that i still have (another resto project). i bought a 72 burb last spring after my g/f dumped me and my career was taking off. i had vowed always to own a 72 burb. whereas my dad's truck had been a c/d 10, 2wd, tilt, 350, auto, tripod mirrors with mariner blue with white roof and white interior, my truck is a c/d20 2wd, 3 on the tree, 307, sport mirrors, painted hawaiian blue with light blue interior. i will be installing the cab lights after i get them re-chromed, installing flip out stainless towing mirrors, tach and vac gages, etc. my dad put 3/4 ton coils on the back of his truck and ran a dual exhaust. my truck has the stiffer springs (plan to go to the HD coils eventually) and i have a 406sbc to swap in. it is in far better shape now than my dad's truck was back in the day and i'm having fun tweaking my truck and reliving my childhood!

i feel ur pain. i helped my brother build an ss monte carlo that was just all worked over. he sold it because he needed a truck to do his work in. last summer when scrap got so high we were at this scrap yard just browsing and his monte was at the bottom of a pile. hood off but still had his motor (BUILT! 327) his MT valve covers the whole thing. the guy that owns the place said people brought it up because of a trans issue. i wanted to cry