The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2007, 11:07 AM   #1
Nachos82

New and need advice on a 71 SWB

Hi all, finally got around to looking for one of my favorite Chevy trucks ever made. I have always loved the 67-72's, but was unable to get a good one till now. I have the opportunity to buy a 71 SWB with a 3 on the tree. I believe the motor is original and maybe a 350, but what ever it is does not bother me to much. I am wondering, how much should I pay for this truck? It has always been a Texas truck and the body is real good and straight. The problem I saw after a quick look is the driver side (didn’t look at passenger side yet) rocker panel is rotted right along the door weather strip. Overall the truck is in good condition, it has a new paint job, but who ever did it should not be painting (it is that bad). What should I look for that will lower the price other then rusted out panels. I see these go for all different prices and don’t want to pay to much now and later find one exactly the same condition for a lot less. Any help would be appreciated and I am glad I found this good site. He wants $3500, but I think it is worth more like $2800-$3000. It runs, but he said shifting is tuchy, bad clutch, loose linkage. Either way thanks for any help.

Last edited by Nachos82; 02-06-2007 at 11:09 AM.
Nachos82 is offline   Reply With Quote