The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2009, 02:09 PM   #1
LooseScrews
Transplanted Dixie chick!!

Hubby goes fishin'....

and catches a '70 K10. Well...not all the way home. He couldn't load it on the trailer he had, so he and his buddy checked the gas, said it was good. Fiddled with the thing and finally it started. They drove it to the beach-house (about 30 miles away) doing 70 mph. When they got it to the beach-house, they dug and found out it had been registered to Jerry last year (hubby thought it had been sitting and not used in over 5 years).

So...he caught the big one all right. And best of all...it was FREE. Yes....I said free! Jerry had told him he had "an old POS truck in my yard I want moved". Stan asked him what it was and he told him a 40 year old 4x4. That peaked Stan's interest. Stan asked how much he wanted for it and Jerry said just get it out of his yard. Sorry...no pics at the moment, not 'til they get it to Central Alabama at least. So looks like the kid will have a beater 'til the '67 gets up and running. And I was worried which to get him..an '00 GMC or '02 Dodge.

Last edited by LooseScrews; 01-28-2009 at 02:09 PM.
LooseScrews is offline   Reply With Quote