The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2017, 03:30 PM   #1
la hi

No market for my 57 in Austin area

To all the members running an ongoing project of do it yourself restore program's and are not professional talented!!

I am completing my move from kingsland tx to pagosa springs co. My 57 is the last item to move. I drove it up to Georgetown, tx and put an add in craigslist and auto trader under classic trucks. My price was $15k, then 13k and not one call. All I wanted to do is get rid of it. https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/d/...327879305.html

So I have no intention of making money on this machine as you can tell buy the list of upgrades that I have 20k or more into it. This has been a project, something to do, while passing the time, learning new mechanical skills and now a winter project in the barn.

I am saying this because in addition to new parts and some professional labor, I have a couple of do=overs. Putting disc and power brakes on the old suspension, Having the motor rebuilt twice because I decided to finish the first rebuild and install it, not noticing that I dropped a small nut into the
intake manifold and destroying the engine when I started it. Plus several small or medium price screwups.

HAVE A PLAN, A LONG RANGE PLAN. I guess the purpose of this post is to say; "Not do as I did just buy something and instal it without looking ahead". Will you need that upgrade in the future?

Now I am renting a car hauler tomorrow and will be home in CO Thursday. A winter project to fix more screwup's.

IT IS REALLY ADDICTING TO KEEP GOING ISN'T IT??
la hi is offline   Reply With Quote