The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2009, 11:07 AM   #1
panhead671

Project annabelle

OK guys,
here is my 85 C/10 that I got off of ebay a couple of months ago...in her former life she was a well taken care of shop truck. Everything on her is original and in excellent shape, with only 1 little surface rust spot on the bed rail where a bed liner used to sit...

Now, the reason for the post...Annabelle has survived better than most mid eighties C/10's and she is ready for a visit to the plastic surgeon...her paint is a little tired and she has a few bumps and brusies - that part I have figured out...where I need help is with her performance - and I am asking for advice/suggestions.

1st handleing...she goes down the road like a john boat in rough seas...I plan on a full bushing/mount replacement with poly bushings, but beyond that I am lost (been away from cars too long and spent last 20 years on harley's, so I am a little behind)...need suggestions on all suspension parts...she is a long bed, so I don't want to slam her, but she could drop a couple inches...also, don't want to go the airbag route...I want her agressive and I want her to handle very well....

I have been thinking about some American Mags (had em on my 1st car - 69 GTO convertable and they are still my fav)...I want to fill in the wells as much as possible without rubbing (no low profile here!).

Interior is perfect and won't be touched for now (NO CRACKS IN DASH)...I did put in an Alpine, and yes I did cut the sheet metal - sorry purists.

She needs new bumpers (think of sport style for rear) and I have a couple of ideas for the grill that I will post if they work...

Well, there you go...have at it...hit me, hit me hard...pass the thread on to your friends...I want all I can get...

Thanks in advance,
Mark
panhead671 is offline   Reply With Quote