The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2016, 03:24 PM   #1
AlexL

Coast to coast in 4 days in an 83 Scottsdale

Greetings C10 and square body fans,
This will serve as my intro and blog post about my epic upcoming trip. I am a car enthusiast, truck enthusiast, and old Harley enthusiast from Connecticut. I recently sold my S10 and I've been browsing Craigslist across the country for a rust free C10 (nonexistent in the northeast). I love Chevy trucks and after a friend bought a K20 last year the bug for one of my own has bitten hard.

After a month search or so I found what looks like a really nice 83 Scottsdale on eBay in Lebanon, OR. Rust free, 305, 700r4, long bed. My friend Dave egged me on and we hatched a crazy plan to purchase it sight unseen and drive the truck 3000 miles home in 4 days. And then my friend bailed and I知 dragging my Dad along, more on that below.

I've been listening to the C10 talk podcast and reading through the father son road trip thread in the 67-72 forum to get fired up. I bought new tires for the truck, had it aligned, and tonight we fly to Portland. Tomorrow we値l drive from Portland to Lebanon then back to Portland and then east on I80. We値l be trying for 10-12 hours of driving each day with minimal stops.

In a twist of fate my buddy cannot do the trip so I roped my Dad in for a totally unplanned Father/Son road trip (I'm 31, he's 63). I'm more of the gearhead but having someone to share the miles with will certainly help.

I will try to update this thread with some of our progress. Already a flight delay out of NYC tonight. Maybe I'll see some of you guys on the road. Wish us luck!
Attached Images

AlexL is offline   Reply With Quote