The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 11:15 AM   #1
superdav

Whats this worth?

I'm looking at a totaled 2000 tahoe 2wd with 5.3
I haven't went to look at it and don't know how much damage has been done to the motor, he says none but from the pic I don't see how everything is ok, maybe it is
Its got 200k on it
How can I tell which tranny is in it? VIN or is it marked somewhere?

He wants $1000 for motor trans and harness, is it worth it with no damage to motor/trans? With 200k miles the accessories are only worth core charge anyway. I want them just for that reason and I'm not sure which A/C I'll go with so I want that too.
Old 07-11-2016, 02:33 PM   #2
chuychevy82lwb

Re: Whats this worth?

You could prob. Find it cheaper in a scrap yard is lsx swap is what your trying to getnin your square but that is a hit and miss game unless your going to overhaul the 5.3. Have you looked on Craigslist down here in tx you get a 5.3 for 500 or less all day. I would try and get it for 800 because at 200k stuff needs to be replaces special since its going to be out and easy to work with
Old 07-11-2016, 11:21 PM   #3
superdav

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuychevy82lwb View Post
You could prob. Find it cheaper in a scrap yard is lsx swap is what your trying to getnin your square but that is a hit and miss game unless your going to overhaul the 5.3. Have you looked on Craigslist down here in tx you get a 5.3 for 500 or less all day. I would try and get it for 800 because at 200k stuff needs to be replaces special since its going to be out and easy to work with
I do plan on an overhaul, I'm putting a cam in it so I might as well start it fresh, maybe a head swap too. Anything with 200k will definitely get new accessories, no sense in putting alternators with that much back on it but with those on the donor i'll get the core covered
Old 07-12-2016, 12:57 AM   #4
chuychevy82lwb

If you can take it off that guys hands for 800 bucks (due to the high millage) its a fair price. 200 bucks buys atleast a set of shorty headers or other nice parts
Old 07-12-2016, 08:57 AM   #5
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Please note that you must be a supporting member to post classified items. This includes but is not limited to What Its Worth, Want To Buy, Want To Trade, and For Sale. Please consider supporting the forum by subscribing. Further information on the subscription levels available are located here

If you need any further assistance with that please contact any Admin for help.

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
Closed Thread