The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-09-2012, 12:49 PM   #1
parrotheadmatt87

Radiator info.

Hello all!

New to the forum I have a question that hopefully someone with the same setup may can answer for me. I bought a 68 GMC truck recently from a guy who put a 454 BBC/350T trans in it. The radiator in the truck looks pretty much original. I decoded the VIN and it says it would have came with a 6 banger. After going 60 on the highway for a 10 min or so it starts to run on the hot side 210-235. The radiator he has in it looks very small I roughly measured the core at 28 1/4" wide 17 1/4" Tall, and 1 1/4" deep. I would love to do away with the original belt driven fan. My question is what aluminum radiator would fit in between the engine and cooling fans? I assume the radiator mounts are original to the truck. The inside curve to curve of the mount measures 2 3/4". From the backside of the radiator to the pulley is a little more than 4 1/2" of clearance. My main question is what row radiator should I get and would I be able to fit an electric fan setup in it?

I found this one on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALUMINUM-RAD...75cb1b&vxp=mtr

I'm trying to stay around $300 if possible.

Here are some pics:

A few of my ride its a diamond in the rough but it will be very nice when I re-do everything.

Good use of my basketball court. :-P My friends baby blue C10.

parrotheadmatt87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:16 PM   #2
parrotheadmatt87

Re: Radiator info.

I placed this in the wrong section if a mod would move it that would be awesome. Sorry about that.
parrotheadmatt87 is offline   Reply With Quote