The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-24-2013, 07:42 AM   #1
Boog
laying low

gearz tv and 67 build

If anyone is interested Stacey is shortening a 67 Chevy longbed on today's show. New episode I think.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:54 AM   #2
volksworld

Re: gearz tv and 67 build

saw it yesterday...actually good how-to...except his premise that removing the cab,shortening the chassis,and buying a complete aftermarket short bed from LMC is cheaper than buying a short bed in the first place.unless they're giving away rust free long beds in his neck of the woods...also wonder how many butchered and fubar projects this will spawn...
volksworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:08 AM   #3
jeremy zander

Saw the show yesterday..He makes it look pretty easy..I also did not like the idea of LMC shortbed...I would find a clean original bed...
1972 chevy 3/4 4x4 383/350 dads original farm truck tilt,tach,tow hooks,hubcaps,radio delete,heat delete
2006 chevy LBZ crew cab duramax,4 inch,beadlocks
2015 chevy tahoe Z71 my fifth one,love em
2016 chevy 2500HD Z71 LTZ duramax midnite
2018 chevy suburban Z71 midnite
jeremy zander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:55 AM   #4
Boog
laying low

Everything looks easy when condensed to a half hour tv show huh They are showing how it can be done if the existing long bed is too nice to cut down or is too bad to use. And not everyone is confident enough to cut their body panels down. Or if you want to start with new sheet metal it is available.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #5
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

It is the typical advertising show disguised as a how-to. Not only are they pushing the parts suppliers, but the tool people too.
How many of us have a lift like that to take the cab off?
You would have to remove a lot of beds to justify the cost of that dedicated lift for that, though I have seen a similar unit made to work with an engine hoist. That would not only be more cost effective but space saving too.
It's just like the powerblock shows, the absolute best of everything....sponsored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:33 PM   #6
leftybass209

I thought the show was good. I don't agree with everything, but the last thing I would complain about is the tools they use. While the majority of us don't have access to such a lift, if they suggested 5 guys lifting the cab or misusing an engine hoist, and someone were to get hurt, there would be a whole new set of more valid complaints. I don't want to sit through a half hour program and watch someone struggle to prove that something can be accomplished with less that proper tools. The idea of plugging company sponsors keeps the show on the air. The money for these shows doesn't magically appear in millions. These car shows are real specialized and don't cater to a prime time audience. If I have to sit through highly lavished shops and shameful product plugs to pull some entertainment and knowledge from a car show, then so be it!
Posted via Mobile Device
leftybass209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:40 PM   #7
leddzepp

Custom classic trucks also has an article on doing it...and using an aftermarket bed from brothers
Posted via Mobile Device

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:30 AM   #8
~Shep~

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftybass209 View Post
I thought the show was good. I don't agree with everything, but the last thing I would complain about is the tools they use. While the majority of us don't have access to such a lift, if they suggested 5 guys lifting the cab or misusing an engine hoist, and someone were to get hurt, there would be a whole new set of more valid complaints. I don't want to sit through a half hour program and watch someone struggle to prove that something can be accomplished with less that proper tools. The idea of plugging company sponsors keeps the show on the air. The money for these shows doesn't magically appear in millions. These car shows are real specialized and don't cater to a prime time audience. If I have to sit through highly lavished shops and shameful product plugs to pull some entertainment and knowledge from a car show, then so be it!
Posted via Mobile Device
Agreed. I would also rather find a good original bed even if it needed a few repairs.

...they just forgot to put a super emblem on at the factory!
~Shep~ is offline   Reply With Quote