The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2009, 09:40 AM   #1
blizzardwarrior7

Newbie Questions

Hello, new to the forum. I just picked up a 1967 chevy k10, its got the inline 6 in it, and a 3 speed manual, (3 on the tree). Ive already started tearing all the old body panels off, basically everything will have to be replaced except for the frame, and the top half of the cab. The engine still starts up and runs, and the truck drives and the 4x4 works. So I know this is going to be alot of questions, but any help would be appreciated. Im new to the whole old truck thing, but have been working with diesel trucks for several years.

1). The floor of the truck is starting to rot out, and needs replacing, do I just order one of these floor pan assemblies that Ive seen? Any one in particular? Whats a good way to actually install them?

2). How do I go about converting it to a 4 barrel carb? New intake Manifold? Any suggestions on which way to go with that would be great.

3). The cab corners have patch panels over them, but they look pretty thin, are there any cab corner patch kits that I can weld on? I do mostly mig welding, gas and gasless.

4) Whats the best way of pulling the motor? Can I pull it with the tranny attached?

5). The engine still runs suprisingly well, but obviously its old, is there anything I should be replacing in/on it? Ive already got an engine dress up kit for it, including chrome alternator, chrome valve cover, chrome oil pan, chrome air filter, and new fuel line. Ive got new valve cover gaskets, and new spark plugs as well.

Thanks for taking the time to read through all of this! And any help is appreciated!
blizzardwarrior7 is offline   Reply With Quote