The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-16-2009, 08:48 PM   #1
swtman

gas tank question

Just wondering what peoples opinions are on gas tanks in the cabs? I see a lot of people on here wanting to put them elsewhere. Is this just preference or for safety? I like to keep things as close to stock as possible. Just wondering why everyone wants to relocate them.
swtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:56 PM   #2
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Re: gas tank question

The three top reasons are to keep the smeel out of the cab(not an issue if the tank is in good shape).For safety and to free up some room in the cab for stereo,leg room or whatever.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:23 AM   #3
MrC1
Dork For Days

It also helps with the front to rear weight bias of the truck. I bet it really helps up north when trying to drive on snow. Not a problem for me!

I would like to do this conversion for all the reasons though.
2008 Cadillac CTS
All-American garage, baby!
MrC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:04 PM   #4
MonteSS454
Account Suspended

Well, I have a "mock" saddle tank a PO put on my truck (A welded rusty steel box ) and I just bought a new in cab tank and am about to go put in, I tried the blazer tank conversion, but didn't have to timeto get the bed off the truck and do the mods to the underneath side of the bed thats needed along with getting the lines bent (Was going in to use 3/8 brake line to as gas line) so I sold it to a fellow member and am just going to go the easy route and put back in the in cab tank until I can get the time to get a cell made and get put in and get rid of the leaky rusty cell I have now. Depends on how much work you want to do and if you're one of the guys that likes to keep things stock.

Just my $0.02.
MonteSS454 is offline   Reply With Quote