The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2009, 10:51 PM   #1
travillac

newbie on the prowl

hi guys, my name is travis and this is my story....sorta
so i was working out in rendon area about a year ago and in the bushes about 20ft from the road i spotted an old truck so i wandered off into the weeds to see what it was and found what looks to be about a 64 gmc short bed. this thing is pretty straight and all there! it does have a little rust but not too bad. about the only thing i noticed missing was the radiator and the ac that used to be mounted under the dash. it has the factory v6 still in it. i decided to go to the nearest house today and see if i cant find something out as far as who owns it. this truck does not need to just sit out in a field and go to waste. its been on my mind all year long!

i talked to an older lady and she gave me the owners name, last known number and home address. she said she has tried to contact him several times lately but has had no luck in doing so. she said she is afraid he has either passed or has been placed in a retirement home. i called the number and it rang about 8 times then went to that annoying fax line noise.
soooooo, i guess i'll have to go by the address she gave me and see if he still lives there.

the lady also told me that he actually drove the truck from 35/rosedale area out to rendon where it sits now about 8 or 9 yrs ago because of the city code enforsment. she claims that somebody is stealing stuff off of it. i guess thats where the radiator and the ac unit that was mounted under the dash went.

ANYWAYS, i need some help with this. what should i do now? how can i find out if the owner has actually passed away? if he has, then how do i go about getting the truck legally? after all i realize i could possibly go snatch it out of the bushes and no one would ever know the difference. but then i dont want some stranger to show up on my front door step with johnny-law looking to get it back?
know what i mean?

heres some pics for those who like pics

travillac is offline   Reply With Quote