The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2014, 05:36 PM   #1
low&slow
Account Suspended

Put on hold for a while

Well guys, I know I've told a quite a few people on here that I would be starting a build thread on my truck this summer. Unfortunately though, the truck is going to be put on hold for a couple of years. I go in for my first surgery in August and is expected to take up to a year to completely heal. Then I'll go in for the second surgery. Both surgery's consist of reconstructing both my feet, ankles, and lower legs.

In the mean time before August I'll keep working on the projects that I've already started on.

First is a 1938 ford pick up. Doing body work to prepare for new engine to go in.

Second is a 1967 1 ton dually chevy. Going to be putting a 500 caddy in it. Going to have all the same mods done to the engine that is already done to my other 500 caddy.

Third is to finish up my 1934 dodge sedan 4 door. Need to put gas tank in, run all the plumbing. Do the same with the brakes. Bolt seats down. Get a gas pedal, brake pedal, and brake booster.

Hopefully I can get all 3 done by August. Doubt it since it's only me doing the work, but we'll see. The dodge all starts with a key. Finished that last week. The caddy going into the 67 does start and run great, just need to put it in. And for the ford, have yet to start new motor.

Just want to get them all in a vehicle so they don't go bad during the winter that starts sometime in September. Want to run fluids through them all since I won't be able to do anything.

Anyways, just thought I'd let some of you know that it's going to be a few years before I will be doing a build thread.
low&slow is offline   Reply With Quote