The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-08-2012, 08:11 PM   #1
68C10HotRod

Help - Headers for 57 PU w/ Volare front

Posting this for a buddy that doesn't do the net much. He purchased a 57 Chevy PU with a Volare clip in the front. He has a 400 SBC in it & wants to know if anyone has a similar setup to recommend some headers. It looks like both sides need to be swept back toward the firewall to avoid the motor mounts. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.” - Benjamin Franklin
"And those who know what's best for us, Must rise and save us from ourselves" - RUSH lyric (mockery)
68C10HotRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:24 PM   #2
Kim57

Re: Help - Headers for 57 PU w/ Volare front

Sanderson makes some shorty headers that are swept back. I'm using a set on my LS build. They have measurements on their pages.
Kim
http://www.sandersonheaders.com/Chev...eaders/?page=2
Old 07-08-2012, 08:47 PM   #3
parkwood

shorty block hugger headers in a '55 with a volare front clip.. fit nice
Attached Images

parkwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:29 PM   #4
Chevette

I had a Volaré clip on my 56 and had a set of long headers that worked real well. They were off the shelf Hookers and were swept back a bit but not severely. Longs give you better performance that block huggers (short). Unfortunately I can't snap a picture for you because in my haste to make more room in my garage, I started taking a lot of shi.....stuff to the dump. The headers went that direction because I planned to an acquaintance to build me a set of stainless headers.
Chevette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:51 AM   #5
68C10HotRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevette View Post
I had a Volaré clip on my 56 and had a set of long headers that worked real well. They were off the shelf Hookers and were swept back a bit but not severely. Longs give you better performance that block huggers (short). Unfortunately I can't snap a picture for you because in my haste to make more room in my garage, I started taking a lot of shi.....stuff to the dump. The headers went that direction because I planned to an acquaintance to build me a set of stainless headers.
Do you have any idea what yr/model vehicle they were actually for? Would rather use your experience to get the right thing rather than trial & error. Thanks for the help to all.

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.” - Benjamin Franklin
"And those who know what's best for us, Must rise and save us from ourselves" - RUSH lyric (mockery)
68C10HotRod is offline   Reply With Quote