The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-11-2016, 05:11 PM   #1
cknfrmr

3 speed transmission question

I am pulling the 3 speed transmission out of my 69 C10 and came across a sight that made people think I was out of my mind until they saw it for themselves. On the transmission where it bolts up to bell housing the top two bolts I am able to take out but the bottom two I can not due to the fact that they are thread with no heads on them. What is the reason for this? Is the only way to get the transmission out to pull the whole motor? Was going to try and put a new clutch in while tried to pull trans mission. I tried to unbolt the 4 bolts on the back half of the transmission with a friend helping me and cant get the back half of transmission off either. Does anyone know what I did to screw that up? I am a ROOKIE at this. Thanks in advance for any help you can throw my way. Trying to learn with hands on and not break anything.
cknfrmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 05:55 PM   #2
abner36

Re: 3 speed transmission question

The two bottom bolts come from the inside of the bell housing you have to remove the cover on the bottom of the bell housing and the bolts should be right there not sure why gm did this on the trucks
abner36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 08:43 PM   #3
cknfrmr

thanks. I must have some serious problems going on because I cant get anything to move or slide. will give it another look in the morning with rested eyes thanks again for the great info.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:52 PM   #4
cknfrmr

went ahead with flashlight in hand and found the plate and took it off. Thanks a million. could not have slept tonight if I had not checked that great bit of info out that you gave me about the plate. crazy stuff like that sticks in my head all night and keeps me up. cant wait to work on it more in morning if rain holds off.