The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2010, 12:31 AM   #1
67_C-30
I have a radical idea!

Stack...or not to stack - That is the question!

Now that I've got off my big ol lazy butt and I got my dually running, I'm going to need an exhaust system. Truthfully, I really rather run it all the way over the axle, and out behind the wheels on the passenger. However, here's my dilemma: The diesel was to too wide with the turbo to go inside the frame. I'm going to have to run outside the passenger side frame rail. Since the leaf springs would be in the way, I can't easily go over axle. This leaves my options to either running it out in front the passenger rear wheel, or running a stack. When I think of stacks, my first thought is redneck, but they have really become popular with the diesel truck crowd. I'm undecided whether I like them or not. The exhaust exiting in front of the wheel would look and sound great, but people have told me that the diesel soot makes it impossible to keep the passenger side rear wheels and tires and bedside clean (especially the wheels). If I go stack, I'm pretty sure i'd want to keep it subtle (something like the pic below) . Maybe a satin black stack with an old school flapper, and not too high. I need help deciding! Give me your thoughts.

Attached Images

'69 GMC C3500, dump truck, 351 V6, NP435
'84 M1009 CUCV Military Blazer

67 C-30 Turbodiesel build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=254096

My trucks
http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...ediafilter=all

Member of the 1-Ton Club!
67_C-30 is offline   Reply With Quote